So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took Fri off to brew a 10 Gal AG batch Pale Ale recipe I came up with mostly based on the parameters for Ale Werks Chesapeake Pale Ale in Williamsburg, VA. I tweaked it a bit and used Chinook 60 min
Centennial/Cascade 15min
Centennial/Cascade 0 min

Est. OG: 1.061

According to samples tested post-boil:
Smart Ref 1.061
Refractometer 1.060
Hydrometer 1.060
Tilt 1.060

I’ve never had all gravity samples be so consistent! Pretty psyched! 🍻
IMG_5996.jpeg

I brewed an Belgium Ale but may have screwed it up!!! I accidentally left sanitizer inside my counterflow chiller prior to transferring to my CF5 Fermenter. I noticed it at the last minute prior to the wort transfer via the chiller. :oops:

Bottom line, about half of a 2" sight glass full of Saniclean prior to the wort that pushed the saniclean into the fermenter. I transfered about 5gals of beer. DID I SCREW MY BATCH UP? Is there anything u can do to save it?

Brewed up a California common yesterday. This has sort of become the "style of the year" for our homebrew club. We're brewing it for big brew day at our host brewery (the Warbler), and encouraging members to brew their own and compare. Never done the style before myself.

Back