new to kegging...and got a few questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
pretty new to kegging and was about to keg up a batch tonight.. while sanitizing one of the kegs and running the sanitizer through..we found a leak in the pressure release valve...

can this be fixed? or any quick fixes for it? would anywhere local have parts to fix it.. we have another keg we can use but if that one leaks now we are down one..

thanks for any suggestions or help!

I had the same problem with one of my used keg purchases. I went to the HBS and they wanted to charge me something like $21 for the little pressure release valve. I emailed the place I bought the used keg from and they sent me another top. I'd go that route if you can.

Remove the valve and clean it with a toothbrush. I had one that leaked, purchased a replacement and when I removed it a little piece of crud fell out. End of problem. Of course, getting a free replacement is also good.

Back