Stir-Plate 3000 yeast stirrer review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperialStout

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on previous stir plate post. Now trying to decide between the $50 Stir Starter and the $100 Stir-Plate 3000. Building my own is out of the question as am currently rewiring and insulating the garage. After all, brewing in a warm place is so much nicer.

Would be interested in hearing from people who have used either stir plate to make 2.5 L starters. Keep in mind I brew big beers that recommend 3 L starters. That seems a little overkill to me so going with the 2.5 L. I am just a little concerned that the Stir Starter will not handle 2.5 L starters on a monthly basis.

The review of the Stir-Plate below is very positive. Price ranges from $109 to $149, depending where you buy it.

http://nickrace.net/2011/06/stir-plate-com-stir-plate-3000-review/

Any thoughts?

I have a stir starter, and it works pretty well. Honestly, it took a little bit to find the correct speed so that it didn't throw the stir bar, but after that its been great. In the end, it just needs to stir, that's it. Nothing fancy.

Back