Sugar per gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this is in the Bottling/Kegging forum, I guess you are looking to prime? You can read about it here, there is a link at the bottom to get you to a table with volumes CO2 and how much sucrose (cane sugar) you will need. The amounts listed are for 19L (5 gallons) if you are using less they need to be adjusted.

Yes to prime. I have a 4 gallon and a 2.5 gallon. I can not figure out how much sugar to use.

If you have a scale use the link I included above. If not, the standard is 2/3 c. per 5 gallons.

So for 4 gallons, (2/3c.)/5 *4 = 8/15c. so a little over half a cup
for 2.5gallons (2/3c.)/2=1/3c.

Sorry for the smarta$$ reply, Scrappy. I though this was another 'teenager making hooch in his parent's basement' thread. That, and I wanted to see what would happen with ten pounds of sugar in five gallons of water. :rockin:

Fingers said:
Sorry for the smarta$$ reply, Scrappy. I though this was another 'teenager making hooch in his parent's basement' thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is...

Latest posts

Back