Beer sitting in fermenter for 6 weeks now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrooke

Reaction score
Hi All:

Brewed an Imperial Blonde Ale about 6 weeks ago, and haven't been able to bottle it yet. The lid and the airlock are still intact -- airlock was filled with vodka and hasn't evaporated yet.

Anybody think it will still be good?

Thanks!

You should definitely be OK. I just recently left my nut brown ale in primary for 5 weeks because I couldn't get to it. I just tried one 2 days ago and was really pleased with how it turned out. I've read some posts on here of people leaving them quite a bit longer with no issue. Plus the yeast need a little time to clean up after they are done working their magic.

Same here. I've left beers (medium & big gravity) in primary for 5 or 6 weeks with no ill effects. Makes for clear beer,& aids the aging process to a small degree as well.

That's about my average length of time in primary. It' should be great.

This is the most discussed topic on here, it has been readily covered. I suggest you read THIS thread, it's become the "uber discussion" on this topic thread. Every discussion, question, answer, citation, etch is in that thread....

To Secondary or Not? John Palmer and Jamil Zainasheff Weigh In .

Many of us leave our beer in primary for a month minimum then bottle.....We find out beers to be clearer and better tasting.

Wow, thanks all for the quick responses! Glad I didn't waste the $55 on the kit! This looks to be a great site, and I'll be frequenting it.

Welcome to the site! This board is definitely a valuable resource. I've learned so much just reading different posts as well as using the search function. If you're wondering it, some one has probably asked it. I currently have this site as my homepage. Happy brewing :rockin:

Back