what does EdWort's Apfelwein taste like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dbreienrk1 said:
It tastes like apfelwein

It tastes like awesome Apfelwein! I just transferred my 1st batch to my bottling bucket (going to bottle it still) and ran out of time to bottle it tonight, and have been filling my glass all evening from the spigot! this stuff is amazing! I may just leave it in the bottling bucket and drink it outa there!

You've heard "1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, floor" well this is "1 Apfelwein, 2 Apfelwein, wake up in the morning 'what the hell happened last night'"

I made this up a year ago, added 3/4 cup corn sugar at bottling, bottled in bombers, still have some a year later, no bottle bombs

Mine at 6 months basically tastes like what i would imagine a semi dry white wine with apple juice would taste like. Its pretty damn amazing.

I left it in the primary on the yeast for 5 1/2 months, just stuck it in my closet and tried to forget about it.

So damn good, and so clear coming immediately from the primary. The only reason its even slightly cloudy is the crappy glass.

Apfelwein.jpg.jpg

Sometimes I drop a bit of sugar or honey in the cup to sweeten it up, depending on how i feel.

Back