A419 Dual Output for keezer/ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatschmaltez

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a dual plug adapter to plug in both their freezer and fan to the A419 temp controller? I'm no electrical engineer so I wanted to check before I actually did it to ensure there is no overheating or lack of sufficient voltage to both devices (7.2 chest freezer and 12V fan). Would be nice to not have my fan running all the time, just when the freezer is on.

And I know I can wire the fan into my freezer compressor, but like I said, I'm no electrical engineer.

If you mean to add a "wall wart" with a 12v output to the same switched 110v circuit that runs the fridge, there should be no problem at all with that, the wart draws a tiny fraction of the power that the fridge draws...

Cheers!

Why wouldn't you want the fan on all the time? I have mine running to circulate the cold air.

You mean like this?

image-2495882732.jpg

Yes it works fine.... I wouldn't hook up another freezer. But to run a wall wart for a small fan or something, it would be fine

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Back