salt water in bottles?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teachtim

Reaction score
We had some tidal flooding this past week and a case of clean bottles ended up in the water in our garage. Will they still be ok to use if they are sanitized before bottling?

You must be in Virginia, saw it on the news, it looked brutal down there. I dont see salt water being a problem as long as the bottles are cleaned and sanitized again.

Glass can handle thousands of years in sea water without any damage. Just make certain you get all the crabs and jelly fish out.

Thanks a bunch. As I chased some down the driveway/creek my mom on the phone said she would by me knew ones, but I had to save them.

You must be in Virginia, saw it on the news, it looked brutal down there. I dont see salt water being a problem as long as the bottles are cleaned and sanitized again.

Damn, word gets around fast. It was pretty ****ty out here for a few days (now cleanup sucks too)

But back on topic :p

Yes, just clean and use them as you would normally.
-Me

2 words...vibrio cholera. its rampant in seawater and you dont want it, definintely soak those bad boys in sanitizer.

Back