homebrew keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icewatch

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is a new idea... kinda doubt it. However. I have recently set up a multi-tap system for a friend using soda kegs and a single co2 system. I noticed an extreme lacking in the system when not all kegs were at the same pressure when the system was set up unpressurized. Is there a backflow designed for soda kegs or is there an idea that is being secretly held in back storage for such issues? He and I are beginning to design such a prevention system and was wondering if one already exsisted.

Check valves. You can purchase the quarter turn valves for your manifold with or without check valves. Most hardware stores sell the 1/4" valves in the air compressor accessory section, those don't have check valves.

Once my kegs are properly carbed, I turn off the pressure at the manifold by shutting off the valve. I leave everything connected, and just bump the pressure when the keg needs more CO2.

Good Luck...

Back