Is there a good beer store in your area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yuri,
I think we're finally catching up. When I lived closer to Houston, I would go in to Spec's Liquor Warehouse. They have any beer I could think of and the one downtown would get it if they didn't have it. I'm now closer to San Antonio and it is a little more "challenging". BUT, some beer lover opened a Mom & Pop about 5 min. from me that stocks over 100 beer types. Unfortunately, he's so popular that he's often out of some things. Oh Yeah, there's always
Lone Star, "The National Beer Of Texas!" - Dwain

what is the name of this mom and pop and where is it located.im in san antonio

NJ has some really great stores. Somerville Super Saver, Oak Tree, Ocean Wine and Spirits. They have everything in distribution here but still don't get a lot of west-coast stuff.

We have a huge place called Party Source, it's like a grocery store for alcoholics. While they have a pretty big selection of foreign and domestic beers, I don't think they have as big of a selection as they should for their size. Like a lot of stores of their kind, they're top heavy on wine varieties. I found another liquor store recently that has a lot of beers that party source doesn't so, it evens out.
Funny thing is that I rarely buy premium beer any more since what I make suits me just fine...except for a little Duvel once in a while.

I make a 40 mile drive(one way) to get to a "good" store. we have one local but its a small town.:(

but the good bottle shop in the city is close to my home brew shop so I can live with that. I just try to never run out of home brew.

This hobby is maddness. I was happy with my small town bottle shop until I started home brewing. Now when I go to get some beer I always ask them why they dont carry this and that. And when will they get the other stuff.

Portland is Beervana. We have four or five stores that rank near the top of the list in selection and ambiance:

Yes even with these stores tho we don't have something like Total Wine, which has a crazy selection. I'd like something that combines the astute picks of Belmont Station with the variety of total wine. I was blown away when I visited the Total Wine in Ft. myers florida. Such a lot of good beer in an otherwise wasteland of beer (florida... no offense homebrewers).

The closest shop to me is "Cork" cork • a bottle shop - wines and they have a ton of rare expensive 22s/750s/etc but none of their beer is cold so I don't really shop there. I usually hit minimarts looking for new seasonal micros (every mini mart has LOTS of variety), or if I'm looking for international or something specific I hit up Belmont Station. John's market is too unorganized and they store the beer at room temp for months on end, but it is fun to go to and explore.

Lukas Liquor Super Store in St. Louis.

A mecca of local micro, craft and world beers.

I stop by at least once a month and stuff the saddle bags with as much as I can.

We have two of these in Kansas City. The one on the Kansas side is OK. The one on the Missouri side has an excellent selection.

In Big Rapids, Michigan, we have Grunst Brothers Sports shop and beer and wine. Very nice selection for this area. Further south, in Grand Rapids area is Siciliano's Market, which has a VERY nice selection!

I picked up some Ruination this weekend. First time to try it. I think they must have pretty much everything there.

Morebeer is the closest big store that I like to goto often.

The beer,wine and cheese store in the valley is the next largest one. It pales in comparison to Morebeer but is still the best thing locally.

Corridor wine and liquor in Laurel MD, right off rt. 198. Huge selction, where else can you buy a $15,000 bottle of wine and walk in a freezer and wheel out a keg of natural light...and besides what you beer snobs say, natural light is great for a long bender!!!

Back