When e-mail goes down...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jds

Reaction score
I just had this conversation with the receptionist in our corporate HQ:

"Hi, this is jds. Is E-mail down."

"No, our e-mail is up, but our internet is down."

"Okay. That makes sense, since the e-mail server is in your building. The outside offices have no e-mail, though. Has anybody notified tech support?"

"He's not in yet, but we sent him an e-mail."

heh heh sounds like a normal day.

Couldn't be any better than my boss that yelled at me because some of his emails got blocked by the spam filter. Told me to turn it off so I did. What happens? Comes into my office a couple days later and yells at me because he is getting too much spam...

sheesh

I just had this conversation with the receptionist in our corporate HQ:

"Hi, this is jds. Is E-mail down."

"No, our e-mail is up, but our internet is down."

"Okay. That makes sense, since the e-mail server is in your building. The outside offices have no e-mail, though. Has anybody notified tech support?"

"He's not in yet, but we sent him an e-mail."

LOL that is hilarious!

heh heh sounds like a normal day.

Couldn't be any better than my boss that yelled at me because some of his emails got blocked by the spam filter. Told me to turn it off so I did. What happens? Comes into my office a couple days later and yells at me because he is getting too much spam...

sheesh

This wouldn't be your boss would it??

dilbert-turing-test.jpg

Heh, that reminds me of when I reset people's voicemail passwords. It usually takes a few minutes for it to go through, so I say I'll call em back, and if they don't answer I'll leave em a voicemail with the new password.

Most people don't catch it.

I called the IT department to open a service order the other day. The tech on the other end couldn't open a work order because his computer wasn't booting properly. I suggested he call IT to open a work order on that.

He didn't think I was very funny.

Back