Move carboy after pitching the yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quaternio

Reaction score
I got into an argument as to whether it would hurt anything to move the primary fermentor immediately after pitching the yeast (as in driving it to my apartment). Anybody know?

I've brewed over at a friends house, pitched yeast and drove my carboy home. I just put it on one of my kids booster seats, strapped it in and drove very carefully. Just get it in a dark place with the proper fermentation temps ASAP and all will be well, and keep it sealed up during transport.

I've brewed over at a friends house, pitched yeast and drove my carboy home. I just put it on one of my kids booster seats, strapped it in and drove very carefully. Just get it in a dark place with the proper fermentation temps ASAP and all will be well, and keep it sealed up during transport.

Which should get you into the HOV lane.

I still find it hilarious that I find myself staring at a sealed, opaque, plastic bucket for long periods, sometimes multiple times a day.

I've treated people with less psychosis.

Officer: You are not supposed to be in this lane.
You: What do you mean, sir? I have a few million children eating in the back seat.

Officer: Son, your eyes look kind of bloodshot, have you been drinking?

You: No sir, Your eyes seem kind of glazed. Have you been eating donuts?

Pez.

I prefer to wait till i get home to pitch my yeast, so i can make sure the wort is at fermentation temprature.

Sunday it was 95deg when i filled my carboy, and 4 hours in a swamp cooler with some ice at home before it was down to 68.

Back