New Craft Beer/Whiskey in Dayton - Ollie's Place

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamptrump

Reaction score
If you live anywhere within reasonable driving distance from Dayton, might I suggest stopping by and trying a new craft beer and whiskey bar called Ollie's Place. This bar just opened yesterday June 10th to a full house and plenty of rarities.

Ollie's Place is a bar/restaurant on one side, and a LHBS/Beer store on the other.

The bar side hosts 60+ taps which included on opening night (KBS, Abita Bourbon Street Baltic Porter, Brothers Drake Bourbon Barrel Apple Pie Mead, and representation from the majority of Dayton and Cincinnati micro-breweries). The food was delicious too. I had bacon wrapped asparagus deep fried with tempura batter, and herbed goat cheese baguettes, while a friend had sliders.

The store side has a moderate amount of home brew supplies, but not nearly as large as the sister store Brewtensils. I was assured that if you need anything you can order it and have it delivered to either store though. The real highlight of the store though is the massive beer collection. The number I heard was 1600 different bottles, which is larger than it's sister store Belmont Party Supply. I took a sneak peak in the store before it was opened (they had issues that delayed their opening), and the beer selection there was top-class. Plenty of rare finds that I don't want to share, because I want them for myself :p.

If you find your self in the area, or just want something to do. Come check out this new location. It's a great addition to the city.

* I am in no way associated with Ollie's Place or employees that work there. This post is clearly my own opinion.

Been there a couple times now. I live abou 15min north of Dayton. I went the first weekend they were open so service was a little off. But the beer was great. My next experiences were much better. Great selections of beer plus if you got to the beer store next door and buy something they will allow you to drink it in Ollies for a fee.
Whiskey comes at a pretty high price for some.

Overall great experiences and the staff seems very good.

Back