SS false bottom copper connect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
I have a SS false bottom in my 10 gallon round cooler. I have a high temp tubing on it now but would like to use something else to keep the bottom from wanting to lift up. Anyone have any suggestions or possible a part I could buy? I was thinking copper but really would love it someone has an idea or what they did to make this work best.

thanks a bunch, Jay

discgolfin said:
I have a SS false bottom in my 10 gallon round cooler. I have a high temp tubing on it now but would like to use something else to keep the bottom from wanting to lift up. Anyone have any suggestions or possible a part I could buy? I was thinking copper but really would love it someone has an idea or what they did to make this work best.

thanks a bunch, Jay

You could drop in a brick or two... that would hold 'er down just fine!!! just kidding. You could pipe it in either stainless or copper depending on how much you want to put into it. I would recommend copper because you can use a threaded to solder coupling to tie into your bulkhead fitting and then connect your FB tube without solder, for ease of cleaning

BobbyM got one already rigged-up on his web sight. Look on last page of "
Pyrex Sight Glass Kits" thread.

I just tried making one out of copper. I found both a standard threaded copper adapter to fit into the bulkhead, and then I found a great 90 degree bend in brass that replaced the brass one that came with my false bottom. The only bad part is that the false bottom fitting sits a bit higher than the bulkhead fitting. And I'm having a heck of a time bending the short bit of copper to get it to fit just right. I guess I could get some soft copper for it, but hate to spend so much just for about 6" of copper.

I might scratch the idea and go with the faucet tube....we'll see.

Back