Started batch Sunday Night - Stopped Bubbling today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediamst

Reaction score
Sunday night I brewed my first batch and put it in the primary fermentor at 10:00PM. Monday at 5PM I had alot of bubbling activity in my bubbler. Tuesday morning I had lots of activity as well. Went to work and came home at 4:30PM. No more bubbling.

While it was bubbling alot the temp was about 74. Temp is now 72.

Is it possible the fermentation is done in the time period of 1 1/2 days???

Thanks!

Yes it's possible but it doesn't mean it's ready have anything done to it. Bubbling isn't a good indicator of finished fermentation. Wait at least a week and take a hydrometer reading. If it's hitting your target, take readings for a couple of days and when it's stable transfer to secondary for clearing. If you're not using a secondary, wait another two weeks before you bottle.

I would agree with Nurmey. I generally wait a full 7 days (sometimes more) before racking. Just cause the bubbles stop.. the yeast is still going through its cycle and needs to fall.

What are you brewing? Did you take an initial reading? I used to not... but I do more and more now...

I really really really try to stick with the 1 2 3 rule.
1 week Primary
2 weeks secondary
3 weeks keg/bottles

It makes plenty of sense and is safe when you are a noob ---- like I am :)

My 2 Cents! ...
T

I am using the Brewers Best "American Light" kit.

My initial reading was at 1.040

Back