Cracked open my first bottle...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verio

Reaction score
... and it was delicious. Only 5 days old. I can taste the green-ness of the beer, and it's carbing quite well, as it bubbled over out of the top.

Poured 95% of it in to a pint glass and enjoyed it tonight (kept the nasty yeastys at the bottom).

Excellent.

Congrats on waiting a full 5 days. With my first brew I think I only made it to day 3. Best hobby ever, isn't it?

If you don't get going on the next batch now, by Christmas time you'll have all empty bottles and nothing ready to put in them. We can't have that, now, can we?

Wait 'till Christmas to brew again? Damn man, hopefully by that she means: "No, I bought you some kits for Christmas, don't f it up by buying them yourself."

Congrats. I remember brewing/opening my first beer, like it was yesterday. It was almost a religious experience.

Brew on Brother!

Thanks alot guys! I have been trying so hard to be patient with my first batch. Its been in bottles for 10 days now and I have yet to try one. I think I am going to have to crack one now :)

I waited the full two weeks like the bok said befor cracking my first homebrew. and it was the worst thing ever. Absolutely horrible. The only way I could get them down was to mix them with tomato juice. Awful, awful, awful. I don't even remember what the style was 'cause it was almost 15 years ago. It was some prehopped amber thing or something that I boiled for an hour in a tiny pot. Well, I just tried again, and it worked out.

But, there is a lot better information out there now. Sounds like everybody is coming up with some great stuff on their first try.

Just make sure to keep a couple for a full month so you can enjoy what you actually made :) I managed to keep a 6'er and I'm really glad I did. It's caused me to really try hard to get my pipeline filled up so I don't have that problem :)

I had a similar experience. The pre-hopped can had 1 set of instructions, my LHBS had a completely different set, and between the two, I think I did something wrong every step of the way. I sat down with a co-worker who also brewed and after some coaching from him, brewed my 2nd batch. Turned out amazing. It's been great ever since. :)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Tomorrow is the end of the first week in the bottle... I cant wait to pop open one of those bad boys...

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on things but if the beer foamed out the top when you opened it after only 5 days I would be concerned with bottle bombs.Unless of course I misunderstood.

Congrats. My biggest mistake was waiting a month or two to make another batch. Getting another going ASAP will give you the chance to store some of your first batch away and drink one every couple weeks to see how it improves.

Now I roll one out every couple weeks and have 3 bottles of a vanilla porter from January that keep getting better.

Either way, welcome to this awesome and all-consuming hobby:mug:

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on things but if the beer foamed out the top when you opened it after only 5 days I would be concerned with bottle bombs.Unless of course I misunderstood.

Did you watch Revvy's video in the bottling/carbonation thread? I'm not concerned with bottle bombs at all.

Back