Photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMac

Reaction score
Everyone likes to see a good picture of their homebrewed beer. It's especially fun to send them to friends and family and such. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any good shots of my beer which is a big bummer. The beer always comes out way darker in the picture than it actually is. I've tried taking them from different angles, with dark backgrounds, light backgrounds, etc. I have a decent camera (Canon PowerShot) so I think they should come out better than what I'm getting. Any suggestions?

Back lighting is the key - or shooting outside OR shooting High Dynamic Range Photography!! (like this)

5 photos with different shutter speeds - convert from 8 bit to 32 bit and smash them together into one 150 meg photo and tone Map it. :)

Just practicing - you should see what I do for a living

My Pacific Jade Pale Ale - full boil mini mash.

DSC_0158_59_60web.jpg

Seriously though - back lighting is the key - take the beer outside so light can enter from the back and top - you can use a fast shutter speed so any background is blurred but slower will make the bubbles inside the beer have a little movement.

Very nice pic Grinder. That's a lame compliment, it's probably the best I've seen yet. :mug:

Seriously though - back lighting is the key - take the beer outside so light can enter from the back and top - you can use a fast shutter speed so any background is blurred but slower will make the bubbles inside the beer have a little movement.

Dang Grinder, you suck! My 6 year old takes better pictures with her little $60 Kodak than I do and I have a Canon Digital Rebel.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe I suck.... :eek:

Back lighting is the key - or shooting outside OR shooting High Dynamic Range Photography!! (like this)

5 photos with different shutter speeds - convert from 8 bit to 32 bit and smash them together into one 150 meg photo and tone Map it. :)

Just practicing - you should see what I do for a living

My Pacific Jade Pale Ale - full boil mini mash.

DSC_0158_59_60web.jpg

That Pacific Jade Pale Ale looks really good.

Any chance of posting that recipe or sending it to me?

Thanks

Sorry for thread jacking.

It's almost a Pacific Jade SMaSH

full boil mini mash - you guys can convert

OG 1.050
FG 1.012

3.3lb Pale LME
12 oz Light DME

3.5lb 2-Row
8oz Crystal 60L

1oz Cluster 60min
.5 oz Pacific Ale 15min (if you can find it somewhere let me know)
.5 oz Pacific Ale 5min

Yeast - your normal default American Ale 1056, or California Ale 001 or Nottingham Ale I suppose.

Mashed at 153ish.
Carbed with 4.5oz Corn Sugar.

Whirlfloc and Yeast nutrient were added at 15min

That image was only 2 weeks after bottling - I had to try it and it is mighty tasty (I mean surprisingly good - the kind where you take a sip and sit up a little straighter) even so very very young. I want more but MUST WAIT!

pacificJade.jpg

Back