Boston Beer Works??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pez

Reaction score
Anybody been? I am a huge fan. They brew all their own and don't even serve liquor. Pretty good food as well...

BBW by Fenway (I think theres one more BBW somewhere else in Boston and theres also a Salem BW, I think as well) is always great fun when I get up to Boston. I actually haven't been there in a few years, so my last trip there was before I started brewing. I'd love to get up there again and see how I appreciate things differently there...

Pretty decent brewpub. I like the nut brown ale. However the watermelon ale that a lot of people who like yellow fizzy beer get tastes awful. That's where I go though when I'm down at Fenway.
*That wasn't supposed to sound snotty and mean towards those people, but the watermelon beer is very bad.

I went there once before a Sox game a couple years ago before I was really into beer. I remember their Oatmeal Stout being really good on a cold rainy day.

I've always enjoyed going to Boston Beer Works when I get to fenway.

Typically it's much less crowded after the game then one would expect; everyone goes over to game on, cask n flagon, etc.

I hit the one over on Canal for lunch all the time... great food and some nice beers.

nothing better than walking in there for lunch and they have the boil kettle going full tilt.

Love the one on canal street. I always stop there for dinner and few beers before a Cs game. The beer is great and the meatloaf is phenomenal!

I personally like the one in Salem because it's never jammed for sox/celts/bruins games. The other are huge compared to the one up north. They're opening another one in Lowell iirc.

I will say, they all rock :rockin:. But I prefer the Salem one because it is right down the street. Try the Pumpkinhead, Watermelon, or Witch City Red all are unbelievable... top it off with some steak tips and forget about it. :cross:

The best part of SWMBO's job is her firm throws an open bar end of tax season party at the one on Canal St. every year. This is why I spent so much on the ring! :)

There is a new one in Lowell, but it is not very good. I like the one next to the Garden the best.

Just wondering why you say that. I've been to the Brewery Exchange quite a bit in the past, but not much recently since they stopped brewing there. I was getting excited to head there now the BBW owns it, but would like to hear more of your opinion. Also, what's the layout like there now? Used to be nice restaurant on the ground floor, pub/pool tables/dance floor on the second, and private room on the third. Does BBW own all of it now?

I like Boston Beer Works, however their Belgian White tastes like a mix between Legos and an old tent... It was the first beer I have ever sent back...

Just wondering why you say that. I've been to the Brewery Exchange quite a bit in the past, but not much recently since they stopped brewing there. I was getting excited to head there now the BBW owns it, but would like to hear more of your opinion. Also, what's the layout like there now? Used to be nice restaurant on the ground floor, pub/pool tables/dance floor on the second, and private room on the third. Does BBW own all of it now?

Boston beer works owns everything to the left of the Brewery Exchange. The layout is really wierd. They usually don't have 3-5 beers that are on the menu. The food is fairly expensive. I wish there were a brewpub around. I am thinking about trying the Tap in haverhill to see if it is any good.

Boston beer works owns everything to the left of the Brewery Exchange. The layout is really wierd. They usually don't have 3-5 beers that are on the menu. The food is fairly expensive. I wish there were a brewpub around. I am thinking about trying the Tap in haverhill to see if it is any good.

I've never been a big fan of any of the chain brew pubs. They all seem to be a bit pricey and the beer seems sub par. The tap is awesome. They have some of the best beers I've had at any brew pub. The food is excellent and the prices aren't bad. I'll even have to say the service was way above par.

I've never been a big fan of any of the chain brew pubs. They all seem to be a bit pricey and the beer seems sub par. The tap is awesome. They have some of the best beers I've had at any brew pub. The food is excellent and the prices aren't bad. I'll even have to say the service was way above par.

That is great to hear. I will have to try it out. Any beer there that you would recommend?

My first trip to The Tap was last weekend at their brewfest. Got to try a few samples of their beer, all were great. Took home a growler of their fantastic Saison.

Hopefully the Tap can keep a brewer employed for longer than 6 months. They've had some serious turnover in the last 2 years.

totally agree.
but my hope is that they find a solid stable brewer who can create some more good recipes to add to their fine portfolio.

Totally agreed. But it doesn't hurt the rest of the local beer scene to have some good experienced brewers out there. It's amazing what a small circle it is.

Used to live a couple of blocks away. Sometimes my roomates would have to carry me out of there. The beer is very good.

There is one at Logan as well, the food sucked, but the Pale Ale (or was it an IPA) and the nut brown were pretty good. Nothing to write home about.

Had the blueberry one at the place near Fenway back in college, interesting, looked like there was rabbit poo floating up and down in my beer.

I like the Salem Beer Works the best myself. The others are far too crowded during Sox or Bruins/Celtics seasons. If you get to either the Fenway or Canal St locations when there is no game though, they are great. I am on the North Shore and hope they will eventually open a Saugus Beer Works or Revere Beer Works.

We just got back from Boston, we went to the Boston Beer Works twice.
The comfort food (burgers, ribs, etc) was good. The beer was nothing special. Not bad, just nothing special. Their bronze and Silver award beers were not that great. Overall I was a tad disappointed. It wasn't bad, I just was hoping for better beers.

Back