Need a simple recipe for first try at all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone link me to some simple recipes for my first try at all grain brewing ? Preferably, a light colored Ale. I've been extract brewing for 4 months and I'm ready to give this a try.

A lot of people have tried EdWort's Haus Pale Ale recipe as their introduction to AG brewing. Pretty simple grain bill with a single infusion mash, and dry yeast so there is no starter to fuss with. Have a look, see what you think.

Mr. SomeDude from NO:

Please take our advice and tread into this remarkable world of all grain brewing through the magic looking glass of Mr. EdWort's Haus Ale. Having butchered - no really, there was blood and kidneys everywhere - the recipe at every opportunity during that 57 hour brewing day, I blundered along until I finally filled a 6 gallon carboy to the lips with Edwort's sweet wort. Without any reason whatsoever, six weeks later I cracked open the first bottle and, low and behold, the fresh splush and bubbling gurgle of that amber liquid gave forth all that Edwort promised and more. With only a few precious bottles left, I've struggled with the decision of whether my next AG should be a Sierra Nevada clone or another batch of Edworts, it's that good.

Honestly, I did everything possible to screw up the recipe and it came out great anyway. This is a forgiving beer.

Am I making my self clear?

I did BM's centential blonde as my first and everything went easy and perfect

Mr. SomeDude from NO:

Please take our advice and tread into this remarkable world of all grain brewing through the magic looking glass of Mr. EdWort's Haus Ale. Having butchered - no really, there was blood and kidneys everywhere - the recipe at every opportunity during that 57 hour brewing day, I blundered along until I finally filled a 6 gallon carboy to the lips with Edwort's sweet wort. Without any reason whatsoever, six weeks later I cracked open the first bottle and, low and behold, the fresh splush and bubbling gurgle of that amber liquid gave forth all that Edwort promised and more. With only a few precious bottles left, I've struggled with the decision of whether my next AG should be a Sierra Nevada clone or another batch of Edworts, it's that good.

Honestly, I did everything possible to screw up the recipe and it came out great anyway. This is a forgiving beer.

Am I making my self clear?

Man you sound like my high school principal when he was trying to get me to confess to crashing the school computers for the 15th time that year... he didnt know that actully i had only crashed them 9 times and the other 6 were complete acidents or technical Fug ups... only he didnt say anything about AG or brewing... He just was trying to convince me he had proof he didnt have... But he had that same tone... and he started out Dear Mr. Jack... and ended with "Do I make myself Clear?".... I told him that i had no idea what he was talking about so he was about as clear as "my fecal matter on a bad day"... to say not at all... and he tried to give me denttion for saying "fecal matter"... and i told him that useing corret physicalogical terms wasnt an offence in the hand book and if he did he would have to "sit my me to keep me in detention".... to which he said "I just might"... to which i said "I could cry rape then and get him fired"... to which he said "Get the hell out of my office and back to class before i decide to expell you.".... to which i said "For what?"... and he didnt say anything after that he just pointed at the door and said he was calling my mother... so i lefted... yeah you remind me alot of him.

Cheers

Just made my first 5 gallons of Haus Pale Ale today and everything went well. Next weekend I'll go for 10 gallons. I went overboard and bought a 55lb sack of 2 row, now I have to use it all up before bugs can get to it, so I'll be doing a lot of brewing the next couple of weeks. :tank:

Back