new member from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdent

Reaction score
Hello all.
Thought I should do this the right way and introduce myself.

Currently I am a very very very beginner in brewing.
I have my first batch ever of Pilsner Urquell going right now.

I am obsessed with brewing and can't wait to do the next batch.

thanks..
Where in Michigan did you live.

Also I stayed in Ocean City for a few weeks.
I lived in Deleware at the time.

wdent said:
thanks..
Where in Michigan did you live.

Also I stayed in Ocean City for a few weeks.
I lived in Deleware at the time.

my question is where in michigan are you from :mug:

and welcome to the party :tank:

Welcome from Ann Arbor. Get ready for the deluge of welcomes. Plenty of Michiganders here. You'll like this site - good info and good folks.

I am from Swartz Creek/Linden area.

So far I have gotten a lot of great info from this site.

I haven't given a welcome to another newbie in a long time....Hello from another fellow Michigan brewer. Once december rolls around maybe I'll start brewing up again. Summer and deer season are tough times for me to brew.....

Hola from Lansing. Oh man......just a few MI brewers? I had no idea. This state seems to produce an ample amount of beer enthusiasts and brewers. Maybe it's something in the water....or the plethora of wonderful breweries and fine hand crafted beer. If anyone close to the capital wants to exchange/sample, get a hold of me. I've got to go pass out candy now and try to remind myself that today is just another day, and that 30 is the new 20. Happy Halloween and to anyone who shares a birthday with me......you're sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Happy b day,
My wife's grandma shares the same bday.

Glad to see there are a lot of michiganders here

Left field were are you from.
I am close to durand right on the border of gains/linden/swartz creek
And I mean on the border (neighbors are linden, I am creek and half mile to the east is gaines)

wdent said:
Happy b day,
My wife's grandma shares the same bday.

Glad to see there are a lot of michiganders here

Left field were are you from.
I am close to durand right on the border of gains/linden/swartz creek
And I mean on the border (neighbors are linden, I am creek and half mile to the east is gaines)

what is the metric conversion for a creek again ;)

is that like 2 miles, 3 feet, or 1 furlong?

A little west of you.I'm right in the middle of the state.......Lansing. But I do make it east to MBC quite often for supplies and a pint or two.

left field brewer said:
A little west of you.I'm right in the middle of the state.......Lansing. But I do make it east to MBC quite often for supplies and a pint or two.

I can support MBC for beer... I am a celis white fan :)
but I found them to be a bit pricey for there homebrew stuff (though last time I was there I felt the need to buy 400 strohs coasters)

AG. MBC is about the same price as midwest, and if you make friends with the employees(bring good brew to share) and they can see your brewing enthusiasm, from time to time they hook it up. Add the 10% brewclub discount and good prices on bulk grain and you'll find me smiling all the way to the mashtun.

:mug: Greetings, I was just browsing the forum and HAD to see who all was brewing in MI. I lived in Climax (near Kalamazoo) my whole life until moving out to PA and meeting my lovely wife..... alas I fear I will have to spend the rest of my days only visiting my beautiful motherland. Heh heh. Anyway, nice to meet you all, I am just getting into brewing and am reading up all I can get my hands on before actually starting a batch.

Happy beering. :mug:

Boltthrower said:
:mug: Greetings, I was just browsing the forum and HAD to see who all was brewing in MI. I lived in Climax (near Kalamazoo) my whole life until moving out to PA and meeting my lovely wife..... alas I fear I will have to spend the rest of my days only visiting my beautiful motherland. Heh heh. Anyway, nice to meet you all, I am just getting into brewing and am reading up all I can get my hands on before actually starting a batch.

Happy beering. :mug:

I grew up in PA and transplanted to MI, meeting my wife and solidifying my time here. Small world. Where in PA are you?

Detroiter here living in PA. Too bad the maize and blue dropped one today, we'll get those bucks next week!. I agree with what you said, "Can't wait to start my second batch. Good Luck!!! Go Blue, Lions, Wings, etc.

Back