Dallas / Fort Worth Grain Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in for a few bags, if it is not too late. I would like 2 two row and one crystal.
I already ordered some bulk hops before I found any groups out there in beer land just to see how it comes packaged and it comes in one large bag. I will vacuum seal it and you can have it for less than a buck an oz instead of $2 to $4. Some is already spoken for. Not really making money just ordered more than I can use in the forseable future. Now that I have found this group hopefully I can find a few folks to split up hops. I have Willamette, Cluster and Belma. If interested shoot me some mail.

Found this on CL, great idea and finally made me sign up here on HBT.

I'm in for 3 sacks.

Official - we have reached the two pallet limit! If you wanted grain but didn't make the list worry not, I am sure there will be another buy soon. Also, in case we have some people drop out we may need some people in reserves. Finally, we are doing 6 sacks of specialties and I have not yet started organizing the splits so there may be some action there too.

I have had contact details from most of you, so thanks! If you have not pm'd me your Real name, phone number and email address, then please do. I will email a price list your way.

I have also had orders from more than half of you, which is great. Please send my the code for the grain that you want, eg BD-MOPA, and also indicate if you want any splits.

We're getting there!

Thanks

Chris

Do you still have me down for the 2 bags of 2 row and whatever splits I can get of Munich, Pilsen, Crystal (40L-80L), Chocolate and CaraPils?

Do you still have me down for the 2 bags of 2 row and whatever splits I can get of Munich, Pilsen, Crystal (40L-80L), Chocolate and CaraPils?

I do not. Please send me your contact details so I can share the price list with, there are different brands of 2ROW.

I need full name, email and phone.

Thanks

Almost there guys!

I will be handling the funding since I need to personally pay for the order and also since Hubbs is out of town for a week coming up.

We are still waiting for a couple people to put their exact sack order in, once in Hubbs will tally and I will request the exact quote and update our freight location with CMG.

We want their exact quote to then know our exact funding for each brewer.

As before, PAYPAL HAS TO BE SENT AS A GIFT AND IF YOU USE A CREDIT CARD TO FUND, BACK UP AND ADD THE FEE TO YOUR TOTAL

No worries if someone mistakenly misses a fee, but just know I will kindly ask for more money to cover it. 30 people multiplied by $3-4 would not be fun...

I'm not yelling there, just want to get that stuck in everyones head early. Also, as before - brewers are welcome to Chase quick pay me, meet me with cash near my work at 75 and Spring Valley, or mail cash.

As Teal said, we are just waiting for a couple of orders and then we will be submitting our quote request.

A number of you (including myself) have requested splits. We will be doing the following varieties Munich, Pilsen, Crystal (40-80), Chocolate, CaraPils, Maris Otter, Vienna. If you are interested in splits, please send me how many pounds of each variety you would like. I want to know lbs, not fractions of a sack. Please bear in mind that you will need to be flexible in what you order - if 3 people each request 20lbs of a particular grain, I will be adjusting the amounts to make 50lb (or 55lb). Remember 10 pounds either way is only a fistful of dollars.

I will be sending an email out to this effect, please let me know how much you want.

Thanks

The group is currently full, but keep checking back with this thread in case someone drops out.

For a copy of the pricelist send me your email address.

As Teal said, we are just waiting for a couple of orders and then we will be submitting our quote request.

A number of you (including myself) have requested splits. We will be doing the following varieties Munich, Pilsen, Crystal (40-80), Chocolate, CaraPils, Maris Otter, Vienna. If you are interested in splits, please send me how many pounds of each variety you would like. I want to know lbs, not fractions of a sack. Please bear in mind that you will need to be flexible in what you order - if 3 people each request 20lbs of a particular grain, I will be adjusting the amounts to make 50lb (or 55lb). Remember 10 pounds either way is only a fistful of dollars.

I will be sending an email out to this effect, please let me know how much you want.

Thanks
This is Joseph
I already split with Crystal (40-80), Chocolate, CaraPils and got 15 pounds of Pilsen but if you have anymore splits with the Maris Otter and Vienna I am good for that too. If not that is cool too.
Thanks, Joseph

Hi there

The following people placed orders for and will be receiving splits:
Hubbs

Dallasbrewer

Indytruks138

mdgreens

Red_Scooter

hockypunk

BeerMeAgain

TheWiz

piesaper

lonewolfx77

Red_Daggs

joseph_o

gbeer

I am waiting for order confirmation from one person, at which point we can go ahead and place the order.

Everyone, please log into the spreadsheet and review each of the 3 sheets to verify your order is correct. This is what you will be paying for and this is what you will be receiving.

To find out how much you will need to send, first add your Splits total (if any) to your sacks total. Refer to Tealio's post regarding paypal. He has offered a number of different ways to pay, but remember, YOU will be responsible for any fees associated with paying (eg Paypal).

Timeframe: we are looking to get the order placed early next week, and probably delivered the week after.

Thanks

Chris

Hey everyone, please hold back the payments at the moment. Really awesome of everyone wanting to get this funded but we need another day or so to verify prices by receiving an invoice for the buy.

I should receive a quote back in the next 24-48 hours and then we can be sure of our final price.

Hi,

There seems to have been a little confusion as to the nature of the spreadsheet. Much like a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, there are multiple pages to the sheet. They are called 'Interest', 'Orders' and 'Splits'. I find that the sheet is best viewed on a computer vs a phone or tablet.

Anyway, can everyone please check all three pages and email me back to verify that they are getting what they requested. If you wanted splits and did not see any next to your name, let me know as soon as possible so we can make changes.

If everything looks in order, I suggest you verify that the total next to your name on the 'Interest" page is correct and then refer to the previous posts from Tealio regarding payment. Ideally, we would like to get everyone's payment in by the end of the week.

Many thanks

Chris

Ok guys, once you verify your totals, please send paypal over to my personal email at [email protected].

The PayPal account says "Old School Hardcore", which once upon a time was a wannabe business name of mine.

Once received I verify there was no accidental paypal fees and then mark paid on the spreadsheet.

As mentioned before, anyone that would like to meet in person, do chase quick pay, or any other method, please email me to the same email address.

Looking great everyone! First day of receiving funds we are approx 1/3 funded.

Please see spreadsheet and feel free to connect with Hubbs or I if you have questions.

We would like to be funded by the end of this weekend if at all possible.

Also kudos to those that managed to waive the fees and also those that rounded to the nearest dollar! Your extra cents will be well appreciated by our other members who are organizing/bookkeeping/transporting.

Cheers!

Hello everyone! Just an update as far as funding goes-

We are about 2/3 funded and are awaiting payment from 11 brewers. I'm sure you guys know who you are, early next week we are going to start checking with you by phone if we haven't heard form you.

The order of grain is planned to go in next week and potentially arrive by Friday, so we really want to get the funds in if we are to get this completed this early.

Please email me if we need to make other arrangements, but otherwise please try and complete payment by next Tuesday.

And thanks again to everyone that has made prompt payment!

Ok Guys! Grain is here, after hours of moving and splitting Chris is anxious to get 84 sacks of grain out of his house.

The bad news is that we had some issues with the Briess 2-Row- several bags arrived damaged and we have lost one total sack of two row, and one sack of vienna in shipping.

The good news is Country Malt Group is crediting us, but we do not have a way to replace the sacks.

Chris has offered to give up his full bag of Vienna and I will offer my bag of two row (it is a different brand).

This is unless someone feels they bought too much two-row or would only want a half sack in exchange for credit ( I would credit back through paypal). Please post ASAP or let Chris know upon pickup.

We are really over our head trying to keep up with all this grain at this point.

Chris would really appreciate if a majority of this grain was picked up at his place off the Tollway and Beltline this weekend.

Also, he would really appreciate a bottle of your finest as 84 sacks was way more than anyone can fit in their own home :)

It took us about 3 hours to break about the splits, so it is even more apparent that splits will not be happening next time due to the labor involved.

Please email Chris for directions!

Sorry guys, I got so busy I was never able to congratulate everyone and provide thanks for our organizer and freight location-

Thanks to Chris and Rene for working through all the fun surprises involved with this buy!

More than likely, next time we will stick to one pallet unless we can find a freight location that we can deliver to and hold the grain for pickup.

Cheers to everyone who took part and lets look forward to Grain Buy #5!

If you are reading this and are interested in the next grain buy, subscribe to this and watch for updates. One way or another we will post on this one before moving to a new thread.

Don't forget to support your local Homebrew Store!

Any news on 2014. I know the rules have changed from every malt house I know selling direct to the public. Hopefully we can still get into a bulk buy this year. Local prices are 3-4x what I was paying before.

I am down for 3. I am also looking to split some specialty grains with someone so if you want you can pm me so we can work out which grains we want to split. I am thinking maybe 4 way split on specialty. This is something we will do after pick up as only whole bags are purchased.
Thanks,
Joseph

Which do you want to split? Sometimes I get extra crystal, mainly crystal 120. I use a pound or so to ramp up the malt content. But it is not like I am putting 15 lbs in per batch.

Back