NY / NJ Area Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember something where they are just directing you to Hops Direct. They used to distribute for them so the price was the same but they might have stopped doing that.

Rommel--

Jon (cutter22) and I brew as a team, and if a second pallet is going to be ordered, this is what we'd like:

1 bag Best Caramel Malt Pils B501
1 bag Franco-Belges Caramel Vienna F302
3 bags CMC Canadian 2-Row 2002
1 bag Oio Flaked Barley OIO-TB1
1 bag Franco-Belges Vienna F301
1 bag CMC Munich 2075

We can make payment as soon as you like.
Thanks so much!

Josh

if the second pallet is going i'd love to throw down for:

2 sacks of thomas fawcett maris otter

I think I remember Edwort's group buy whereas everyone involved called NCM w/ CC #'s. I think the group buy chairperson assigned the $$ split, and NCM accepted the charges from all invloved in the buy. So I would imagine everyone involved needs a $$ total and a deadline to call NCM and pay up.

I offer this as I was impressed w/ the simplicity rather than paypalling or having someone front $$.

edit...I think all that's needed is to supply NCM w/ the breakdown of charges so they can confirm total payment.

I'm ready!
Now that sounds awesome for thousands of reasons.:)

Ok, now the 2nd pallet is full enough that I don't feel bad adding the club order... Here's my final order:

10 sacks Pils B101
9 sacks MO 0758
4 sacks Canada 2-row 2002
4 sacks munich B201
1 sack Vienna B301

The price per pound will definitely be in the 2000# column. The per sack shipping should be $252 divided by the total number of sacks. Let me know what the total is and when the order is going in and I'll call in my payment. Thanks so much for putting this together.

No problem Bobby. I don't want our point of delivery to be put out too much, so I ask that everyone do their best to get their sacks from the POD ASAP.

Rommel,

I keep flip flopping on my order but this is my final order:

Still 3 bags, but now I want:

2 bags Canada 2 -Row
1 bag Vienna

My employment is flexible so at the very worst, I'd be up there within 1.5 hours from when I'm notified. I asked to have the driver call me with an ETA on the day of delivery and he did so about 30 minutes before he showed up. That was probably because it was 9 am.

jhb 3 bags F101 Franco Belges Pilsen, 1 bag F201 Franco Belges Pale, 1 box of Amber Belgian Candi Rock (BC-AMBER)
hexmonkey 1x 2002 Canadian 2-row, 1x T101 TF Maris Otter, 1x T106 TF Golden Promise
st_stephen 2 x HT101 TF Maris Otter, 2 bags B101 Best Malz Pilsen, 1 bag B301 Best Malz Vienna
bobby_m 10 x B101 Best Maltz Pils, 9 x T101 TF MO, 4 x 2002 CMC 2 Row, 4 x Munich B201, 1 x Vienna B301
JoMarky 1 x TF Marris Otter, 1 x Bestmalz Light Munich
dontman 1 x Best Malz Pils, 1 x Best Malz Vienna, 1x TF MO
BentTwigBrew 2 x 2002 CMC 2-row, 1 x B101 Best Pilsen, 2 x T101 TF Maris Otter, 1 x 4094-ORG GW Organic Pilsner
Frogman (from Brews Bros)- 2 bags of T&F Maris Otter, 1 bag of Best Malz Munich and 1 bag of Best Malz Vienna Malt (looking to split Vienna)
RommelMagic 1 x TF MO, 2 x Canadian 2-row
Wilserbrewer 1 x Pale Ale Malt, 1x T101 Maris Otter
JoshuaFields/Cutter22 1 x Best Caramel Malt Pils B501, 1x Franco-Belges Caramel Vienna F302, 3 x CMC Canadian 2-Row 2002, 1x Oio Flaked Barley OIO-TB1, 1 x Franco-Belges Vienna F301, 1x CMC Munich 2075
Rob N. (HB club) 1 x Best Pils, 1 x TF MO
Tkone 2X TF MO
Bkov 1 X 2060 CMC Pale Ale Malt, 1 x F301MFB Vienna

badcoffee 1 gallon Starsan?

Which unless I made a mistake, puts us currently at 74 sacks, with a few members who posted interested early in the thread and still haven’t heard back from. Only 10sacks away from 2 full pallets but 74 is still a good amount

shouldent this now put us in the 3rd row pricing also? 55pounds per sack x 74 sacks= 4070pounds. which looks like it drops the price per pound by 1cent for each sack

also, what day of the week do you think delivery will be? a friday or saturday? thanks, bill

Location works for me, but I can't commit to it without a date. Just don't want to screw anyone over if I can't pick up.

So we'll all have to meet in Upper Saddle River, NJ? Paramus? I haven't seen a definite answer on where this will be delivered.

Ditto on what thedigitale said - I work 10-6 M-F, so wouldn't be able to pick up during that, but I have a station wagon and if people in Brooklyn need help transporting back I can definitely carry more than my two sacks back with me

Location is Upper Saddle River. date still unknown.

i think BobbyM is from Paramus and said he wouldent mind transfering sacks back to his place for people to pick up but i think his pickup truck may now be full. im not sure though

I actually live an hour south of the drop zone so that's why I was offering to move SOME sacks to my house for pickup. If I feel like my truck is going to bottom out, I'll temporarily stash a few sacks at my in law's house in Paramus and get them a couple days later.

i threw together an excel spreadsheet to try to to make it alittle easier for everyone. i can also email it to anyone who wants a copy

some notes: i used the 3rd row pricing for the grains which i think is correct. I didnt charge JHB any shipping costs for the box of rock candy because i wasnt sure. i didnt include any starsan

if we want to use this, everyone should doublecheck to make sure i listed there own order correct, and the pricing/amounts are right

groupbuyshot.jpg

Rommel,
if no one has jumped in to split the bag of vienna that Frogman wanted to split, I will do that with him.

Rommel,
if no one has jumped in to split the bag of vienna that Frogman wanted to split, I will do that with him.

OK, great, I sent him a PM.

As far as delivery it will be to Route 17 North Upper Saddle River, NJ. The order has not yet been made, so delivery date is unknown. Anyone know if they take requests for a specific date or time for that matter?

I know I'm pretty late to the party here, but if there's still room I'd like to jump in for 3 sacks:

1 - 2 row 2002
1 - PA 2060
1 - MO 0758

Let me know if I'm in under the wire as well as the payment arrangements.
Thanks

ok fixed that for you bobbym
also, if we can find a couple more people so we get 10 more sacks added on, that should bring shipping down from $3.41 a sack to $3

edit: ok ill add you on barley davidson and post the updated spreadsheet. only 7 more sacks needed untill we get the save the most on shipping

It has just occurred to me that there is enough of a North/Central NJ split that one pallet should go to my loading dock and the other to the originally planned drop.

I know this is becoming a pain in the ass but I'm willing to front the entire cost of the Central NJ pallet since $1000 of it is mine anyway. The pallet rate to NJ is fixed no matter where and it doesn't make sense for me to drive 2 hours round trip when it could be on my doorstep.

Let's split the list. Oh, the only con is that we pay 1 penny more per pound.

I'll want a deposit from the new Red Alert guy since he's brand new. Bkov, please email me your spreadsheet so we can divide it by location... [email protected]

It looks like Wilser, JHB, Dontman, Barleydavidson, and maybe hexmonkey would be on the CNJ pallet and that would be like 40 sacks or so but there are a lot of characters who didn't fill in their location info on the profile too.

Does that leave the NNJ/NY guys in the lurch with too few sacks on the pallet?

Where would the central pick up site be, bobby? Depending where it is I'm probably about the same distance from both, so I could go on either pallet to balance things out.

It would be at my house, in Piscataway about 1mile off of either RT18 or 287 and there's time flexibility because it would be in my garage. But my bad, I thought Landing, NJ was a shore spot. Nevermind ;-)

It looks like Wilser, JHB, Dontman, Barleydavidson, and maybe hexmonkey would be on the CNJ pallet and that would be like 40 sacks or so but there are a lot of characters who didn't fill in their location info on the profile too.

I agree with Bobby on this, as long as it doesn't cause a problem for the NNJ/NY folks.

It looks like with Hex, Dontman, JHB and Redalert it would be 36 sacks (if you count the sugar as a sack). That's a pretty good split so if everyone is ok with it, I'll propose my order is going to go in Monday morning. Oh, oops... forgot Wilser.Hold on.

It looks like with Hex, Dontman, JHB and Redalert it would be 36 sacks (if you count the sugar as a sack). That's a pretty good split so if everyone is ok with it, I'll propose my order is going to go in Monday morning. Oh, oops... forgot Wilser.Hold on.

If you NNJ guys need any more sacks on the order I could go for 1 or 2

i think hexmonkey is suppose to have 3 sacks not 2, unless he changed his order

Thanks for the catch.. fixed:

malt2009.jpg

Sorry JCB, CNJ malt pallet is full to the brim.

I'd actually lose money if I round the price up/down so I'm going to round all totals UP to the whole dollar. I hope that's on the up and up with everyone involved. The good news is that the per sack shipping is only $3 with the last few orders.

i think theres room for up to 5more sacks on the nnj pallet then jcb if you dont mind the drive to pick to them up

Back