Igloo Kegerator $300 new

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_kever_kombi

Reaction score
Just saw these in the close out section at Home Depot. This was at Strongsville Ohio, but I'm sure they are at others too.

There were 3 when I was there earlier.

image.jpg

is that thing tall enough for a corny keg? maybe its just the angle yoou shot it at...

I didn't grab a tape measure to check, but I did PPP open the door, and it did look much taller than the dorm fridge used to use for my cornies.

is that thing tall enough for a corny keg? maybe its just the angle yoou shot it at...

Anything that will take a 1/2 barrel is big enough to take a 5 gallon Corny keg... But I'm not sure if it will take 2 corny kegs.

keg sizes.jpg
keg sizes 2.jpg

I purchased one of these about 2 weeks ago and I love it. The fridge will fit 2 corny kegs and a 5 lb CO2 bottle. The unit comes with a 2.5 lb CO2 bottle and regulator that I will now use for purging carboys and kegs while I'm racking batches.

You will have to modify the beverage line fitting because it comes with a line meant for attaching to the half barrel kegs. I plan to upgrade to a 2 tap tower sometime this year, but for now its simple enough to switch kegs or just have my picnic tap attached to whatever keg isn't hooked up to the tower. If you get it, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!

Edit: I haven't done any real experimentation to see how cold it gets, but if you dial it about 75% of the way to its maximum, it gets as cold as my full size fridge - around 38-40 degrees.

Finally found one locally, but they only have the demonstrator model. I'm going to see if they will reduce the price to around $220 for an open box item.
:mug:

20150113_161759.jpg

Good luck, I hope they hook you up! I'm still loving mine - only down side is that I seem to be emptying my kegs a LOT faster nowadays...

They are down to $199 now, and rumor has it that they are also taking 20% off because this is now a clearance item. So they may be $159, if you can find them.

:mug:

Back