Pineapple wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
If this stuff tastes anywhere as good as it smells I am in business... never seen wine get a kraussen like this.. more than some beers I have made.

If this stuff tastes anywhere as good as it smells I am in business... never seen wine get a kraussen like this.. more than some beers I have made.

Pineapple=mega-sugar, be sure to post you results, and tasting notes, sound awesome.

Fresh pineapple juice, or???

Made a pineapple melomel last week.

3 lbs orange blossom honey
1/2 gallon Dole canned pineapple juice
Lalvin D47 yeast
Enough water to top up to the neck of a 1 gallon jug.

Very vigorous fermentation! Wish I had used a blow-off tube instead of continually having to clean out the airlock. Week and a half into primary the airlock is still bubbling once every 4 seconds.

I made some pineapple strawberry wine with dole concentrate and welshes strawberry breeze concentrate. Now it smells alright... but let me just tell you the best approximation of the taste is razor blades. It's PAINFUL and AWFUL. 5 gallons of death.

Let us know how yours turns out. I'd like to know if mine was a fluke.

Been thinking of trying a pineapple wine. Anyone care to share the recipe? I am new to wine making. I have many batches of beer under my belt. Two batches of mead that haven't been tasted yet. They were made right after Christmas. I currently have 1 gal of Blueberry wine, 1 gal of Grape wine, both made from 100% juice. I have 5 gal of Apple following Edworts recipe. (tasted that today and so far so good). Last I have 5 gal of mixed berry made from concentrate. Everything seems to be going just fine. the hardest part seem to be just waiting.

my pineapple wine came out at something like 12-15% alcohol and i backsweetened a little too much, but it still turned out fantastic for cooking(almost a liqueur) I caught my wife and her friend doing shots of it!:rockin:
I can't remember the recipe, it was years ago, but definitely one i will try to do again.

I know what you mean about the waiting part! I have 60 gallons total that I am just sitting and waiting on.
5 gallons of Candy Apple, 5 gallons Pineapple, 5 gallons of Chocolate/cherry, 5 gallons Mango, 5 gallons Almond, 5 gallons Peach, 5 gallons blueberry, 5 gallons cotton candy, 5 gallons concord grape, 5 gallons coffee. Getting ready to try Coconut next.

I know what you mean about the waiting part! I have 60 gallons total that I am just sitting and waiting on.
5 gallons of Candy Apple, 5 gallons Pineapple, 5 gallons of Chocolate/cherry, 5 gallons Mango, 5 gallons Almond, 5 gallons Peach, 5 gallons blueberry, 5 gallons cotton candy, 5 gallons concord grape, 5 gallons coffee. Getting ready to try Coconut next.

Wow, if you need some help drinking them PM me!:D

Pineapple wine has a light, sweet and tart taste. Serve your wine over fresh pineapples to give it extra flavor. This wine is great with ham, pork dishes or fruity desserts. The following steps will show you how to make pineapple wine from fresh pineapple.

Back