Hey yall from NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarfrat

Reaction score
Just found the site through google. Suddenly got the bug for trying to brew cider at home. Not a beer drinker at all (yuck). Totally unwashed uncultured southern apalachain palate, drink sweet red muscadine wine, sweet tea, Mt Dew.. etc.

First batch of juice/sugar/champagne yeast was just beginning to bubble by the time I found the site. Oh well too late! Ironic to think the next batch (going to try Graff) might be done before it is. I see now why homebrewers talk so much. All the other hobbies I've had if you were yakking on the boards, you weren't doing your hobby. But brewing? Oh I'm waiting for 3 months...

Some of this is in post #1 in the cider section, but it smells a little musty down there.

Howdy there. There are quite a few people on ere that try cider, wine or mead. I am trying my second cider batch now. A lot of people tryi Edworts apfelwine.... not really a cider but same basic ingredients.

Mead sounds interesting, I'd like to sample some first, but just don't know where to get anything commercial. Anyways...

I'm out of Greensboro, Computer Programmer currently OOW, so who knows where I'll end up.

Mead sounds interesting, I'd like to sample some first, but just don't know where to get anything commercial. Anyways...

You can find Mead at some of the local grocery stores in NC. If you can find a Honey's Grocery store they have it, but I doubt there is one in Greensboro. Harris Teeter would be a good start, they carry a lot of specialty items.

Welcome from the big city of Roxboro (north of Durham). I've brewed two cider recipes though the last batch was 3 months ago.

Latest posts

Back