Hayes' Public House Pilot System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugs13

Reaction score
Here is our pilot system that we will be using for right now. Once we get into our location this will be used for test batches and such. This is a full electric HERMS system. Built ourselves to save on cost. Let me know what you think.

IMAG1232.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

I cannot quite tell from the pictures, what is the stand frame built out of? It looks like maybe painted wood, with the extra panels of metal added to protect the surfaces?
Edit: No, now I'm thinking it's painted steel square tubing.

I like your vent hood design quite a bit... when I get to the point where I need to figure out my ventilation, I'm thinking of asking one of the local sheet metal/duct shops to fabricate a lightweight hood out of HVAC duct. Seems like it would weigh less than the 2x4 + FRP options weigh. I could be wrong.

I cannot quite tell from the pictures, what is the stand frame built out of? It looks like maybe painted wood, with the extra panels of metal added to protect the surfaces?
Edit: No, now I'm thinking it's painted steel square tubing.

I like your vent hood design quite a bit... when I get to the point where I need to figure out my ventilation, I'm thinking of asking one of the local sheet metal/duct shops to fabricate a lightweight hood out of HVAC duct. Seems like it would weigh less than the 2x4 + FRP options weigh. I could be wrong.

The frame for the cart is steel square tubing that we powder coated black. The sides and tops are 18ga. Stainless steel. The hood we also made, its just 18ga. galvanize. Then bought an 8" inline fan good for 400cfm and bought 8" to 6" duct work.
We built this system for 50A to use both elements at the same time for back to back brewing sessions.

Nice. Thanks for your response! I'm hoping to go 50A in the basement for the same reason, back to back brewing! Crank it out!

Good work and good luck!

Back