Connecting corny kegs to a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwb2103

Reaction score
Well I've hunted a bit but I seem to have completely confused myself looking on my own so maybe someone here with experience can help me.

Briefly, here is my question: Does anyone know what sort of piece I could use to adapt the gas in of my D system sankey coupler to MFL?

Now the story:

I have a shiny new fancy dual tap kegerator that I made from a fridge and a kit from beveragefactory (see that story here). Now the obvious step is to start kegging my homebrew. I ordered two ball lock corny kegs (from chicompany) and that is where the confusion begins.

I want to be able to connect to both D style kegs with the couplers that came from beveragefactory ( seen here ) and to corny kegs. Here is where things get complicated, I want to do all this WITHOUT having to pull tubes off of hose barbs each time I switch.

So I ordered my quickdisconnects for the corny kegs with MFL connectors and started trying to figure out how to get my setup all switched to MFL (I may have failed at this because I had never even heard of MFL connectors before). I ordered swivel nut to hose barb sets so I could screw my tubes into the MFLs on the quickdisconnects so I think everything should be fine on the homebrew keg side of things.

Then for commercial kegs I ordered a tailpiece to MFL adaptor to connect the swivel nut on the tube to the faucet to the connector on the top of the sankey coupler... Then all that is left (the part I am stuck on) is the gas in hose barb. If you look at the picture in the link you can see that they just screwed that hose barb adaptor onto some sort of threading on the coupler... I tried calling beveragefactory to ask about the threading and size of that connector but they got fed up with my questions (somewhere around when I said "is that NPT or machine thread")...

So now the question again: Does anyone know what sort of piece I could use to adapt the gas in of the sankey coupler to MFL?

You need this to connect to your Sankey D coupler. You will also need the little white washer and the nut.

mfl%20tailpiece.jpg

Wow, thanks for all the quick replies. The tail piece to MFL adaptor that you all recommended is exactly what I ordered for the liquid out part of the coupler. So if I am understanding you correctly I should have ordered the same piece for both the gas in and the liquid out? I guess it would make sense to have the same fittings on both huh... I could have sworn that there was teflon tape under the threads of that hose barb adaptor but I'll have to check when I get home.

Ed is right on, you want barbed swivel nuts on your hoses so that you just need to unscrew from one kind of connection, and right on to the other.

Awesome, I'll just hunt down the cheapest place to order from then. Last question (I hope) do I need to get washers to put in there too?

Thanks again!

Back