Sierra Nevada Extra Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
I had this about a half a year ago and sort of forgot about it. After deciding to head out for a quick drink after work, I saw this baby on tap and ordered it up. In all honesty, it's not necessarily the most complex beer out there, but man...There is some hop flavor in this beer. :rockin: It's got a solid amount of alcohol, about 5.8%, so it's plenty enough while still being in the realm of sessionable. The best part is, I'd almost rather pay for a tall glass of this EPA and get my hop fix as an alternative to making my own hoppy beer at home. Maybe the economics of it don't quite make sense, but I try to tell myself that it works. :D For fun, I had a short glass after the first and had them mix it 50/50 with Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat. For the record, I'm not that crazy about Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat but it's the only other thing decent they had on tap. Luckily for me, it turned out to be a pretty nice mix, but still not as good as the EPA itself.

Anyway, great beer, glad to have revisited it. Definitely a step above the usual SNPA. Anyone else have this recently?

Back