Navarre / Ft Walton beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They always seemed like an ad for Hop Heads. And they post so sporadically.

BOO is myself and another guy. My neighbor joins in occasionally. And I've tried getting with the other two guys who post on the North Okaloosa Brewers Club FB page. No progress, though they haven't posted anything since April.

I get that it's hot, but damn, people do have air conditioning to take a break from the boil.

We should meet up soon. Tucker Dukes would be a cool place and central if you work at Eglin. They're starting to serve craft beer. We could bring some of ours to sample. Unfortunately, I only have done average to slightly above average to share right now. Haha.

We should meet up soon. Tucker Dukes would be a cool place and central if you work at Eglin. They're starting to serve craft beer. We could bring some of ours to sample. Unfortunately, I only have done average to slightly above average to share right now. Haha.

I work at Hurlburt. I did enjoy Tucker Dukes at the Destin Beer Fest though.

I've also tried contacting manderson81 here, on reddit, and on FB. He seems to only have joined up here to try and recruit. And he has since joined forces with Hop Heads, I mean Okaloosa Brew Club (OBC). They might as well be called Hop Heads the way they promote them. Him and one other guy seemed interested in joining up, until OBC got to them. They do let you brew on their equipment with their ingredients for free though, you just don't get to take any beer away from the mother ship. If you like working for free it sounds like a great time.

I go to hop heads for items occasionally. Owners seen nice. It's true that a club who doesn't respond to emails, or post has a lot of free stickers, and business cards at hop heads. Thought it was odd. Not sure about the equipment. I thought they loaned it out.

Let me know if you guys want to meet up. I have a tripel in the works now. Won't bottle for a few weeks. I have 2 other tripels and a Vienna on tap to drink. Vienna didn't finish as low as I wanted so it's sweet.

Where are you at? I'm obviously in Crestview.

I have a bunch of stuff fermenting now. A lot of sours. But I do have a quad that will be ready in a couple weeks to keg/bottle. If I remember how to bottle I will do that so they can age. Getting ready to brew some more this weekend.

Also trying to get some funds so I can start a homebrew store with an actual location. Otherwise I'll be doing online sales.

I know it's spammy, but I've seen worse on here from people who just join to promote: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/558834258/crestbrew-homebrew-supply

I'm in Niceville. I've been working on my tripels, but brewing session beers too.

I'll be brewing next weekend, the 25th. Well, I'll be brewing today as well, but it's really short notice. Labor Day weekend I'll be brewing again. Usually every week or two I brew. Would like to try some of your stuff.

I've taken a long break from brewing since I sold all my equipment earlier this year. I'm thinking about getting back into it soon but starting with extract brewing to keep things simple.

I'll be brewing next weekend, the 25th. Well, I'll be brewing today as well, but it's really short notice. Labor Day weekend I'll be brewing again. Usually every week or two I brew. Would like to try some of your stuff.

Missed this. Won't be available for a few weekends. End of August if you're brewing.

I have to rack a tripel and I'm currently building another fermentor. So I won't brew until sept.

Missed this. Won't be available for a few weekends. End of August if you're brewing.

I have to rack a tripel and I'm currently building another fermentor. So I won't brew until sept.

I'll probably brew a next week and the following (1st and 8th of August. I'll be in Vegas the last 2.5 weeks of Aug so I'll be brewing again in Sept. The first weekend is Labor Day I believe and I'll probably be brewing a couple times that weekend. Wouldn't mind brewing here or someone else's house.

I'm in Pensacola and I'm looking to make the switch from bottles to kegs. Trying to source some clean, used kegs. Been checking craigslist, but no luck nearby. Anybody have any good leads on where I can pick up a few kegs locally?

Yeah, Gary at garys home brew stocks a couple used, I think and so does the shady lady on 9 mile road. You're looking at probably $60 a piece last time I checked.

Not sure I'd go to Shady Lady. I heard they're closing shop and their prices were astronomical on everything I looked at. Gary is a great guy and his prices are very good.

Adventures in Homebrewing has good prices on new and used ones if you can wait for shipping. The used ones require some cleaning and new seals, though they sent a set of new seals with the ones my wife bought me last year. Otherwise you can get enough for 50 kegs from McMaster-Carr for the same price everyone sells a couple sets for.

By far Gary is my favorite lhbs, I've been buying stuff from him since he was selling out of his garage. Just mentioned shady lady because they usually have a stockpile of kegs. I do have to agree though, the only thing I ever get there is emergency items or co2.

I would recommend adventures in homebrewing. I bought several of the loose bottom / loose top pin lock kegs for cheap. They were $95 for 3. Can't beat that and they were in good shape.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

It's been a while since we had any activity in this thread. Are any of you guys still in Navarre and brewing?

Will do. I'm planning a brew cart soon. I tried to keep it simple with a little turkey fryer but that's not working haha.

Just a plug for Gary's over in Pensacola near the Navy base. The Pensacola Homebrewers' Association meets up there about once a month to hang out, brew a couple batches, and swap samples. Great time. If you call up the shop they'll give you the info on the next event.

Just a plug for Gary's over in Pensacola near the Navy base. The Pensacola Homebrewers' Association meets up there about once a month to hang out, brew a couple batches, and swap samples. Great time. If you call up the shop they'll give you the info on the next event.

I go to Gary's often. No need for a plug in here, probably.

But isn't it Escambia Bay Homebrewers? Never heard of Pensacola Homebrewers' Association.

New to HBT and this forum. I live on the east side of Navarre, just off 98. Gary's is a long haul for me, nice folks, but too far when Hop Heads is closer. GIvve JIm and Debra a try. They just moved the shop. CHeck them out on FB.

New to HBT and this forum. I live on the east side of Navarre, just off 98. Gary's is a long haul for me, nice folks, but too far when Hop Heads is closer. GIvve JIm and Debra a try. They just moved the shop. CHeck them out on FB.

Welcome to the forum. I've brewed with Vince once but haven't brewed in a while. Maybe we can get together and brew or at least drink some beers!

As I said, the folks at Gary’s are great, but it’s a long haul from East side of Navarre.

Hop Heads is more convenient for me. I like Jim and Debra. Their inventory is not as extensive as Gary’s, they are working on growing it. But they are helpful, and they host a small home brewing group several times a year for brews and other events.

And No, I don’t have a tie to either store, other than having gotten good recipes, supplies and advice from both places over the last year.

Welcome to the forum. I've brewed with Vince once but haven't brewed in a while. Maybe we can get together and brew or at least drink some beers!
I’ll let you know when I figure out a date to brew. Got an order in for 2 AG recipes from AIH, should arrive in a couple of days. I just need to clear a day to brew. Not sure why, but the wife thinks getting the Christmas decorations out and up is more important...

I’ll let you know when I figure out a date to brew. Got an order in for 2 AG recipes from AIH, should arrive in a couple of days. I just need to clear a day to brew. Not sure why, but the wife thinks getting the Christmas decorations out and up is more important...

Uhh yeah. Thanks for the reminder on the Christmas lights lol. I'm off Thursday and Friday so hopefully I'll be able to brew. I have edworts haus pale ale and northern Brewers oatmeal stout kit to brew.

Uhh yeah. Thanks for the reminder on the Christmas lights lol. I'm off Thursday and Friday so hopefully I'll be able to brew. I have edworts haus pale ale and northern Brewers oatmeal stout kit to brew.
Well, when we get them done we can compare Oatmeal Stouts. My recipe coming is from AIH. Trying to decide between adding Chocolate or Raisins.

Well, when we get them done we can compare Oatmeal Stouts. My recipe coming is from AIH. Trying to decide between adding Chocolate or Raisins.

Sounds good. The last oatmeal stout I did was awesome. I got the kit from Gary's. It's Jamils oatmeal stout from brewing classic styles.

Speaking of Oatmeal Stout and Gary's.... He has his own recipe called "Tis no Doubt its Oatmeal Stout" I have brewed it twice now. Last batch been bottle conditioning for 3 weeks now, added 1/2 lb of molasses on that one. I really like it.

IMG_6311.jpg

Is anyone interested in an Edelmetall burner and keggle? I think the keggle is around 11 gallons.

Back