What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green or already roasted? And where are you ordering from? I've been ordering light roasted beans from Peets, and we generally receive them 2-5 days after they're roasted. I've been kicking around ordering from somewhere else, but I don't want to get tied to a auto-send plan until I settle in on something I like.
Green. I bought a used roaster, Behmor, from a user here and have been "experimenting" with doing it myself. It is super easy and takes litterally 20 to 30 minutes to do. That included warming up the roaster, roasting the beans and cooling off the unit. I can do 1/2 pound at a time, and usually do 1 to 2 pounds a session before I need to give it a quick cleaning. I get my beans from CBC. I think my wife ordered the beans two or three days ago and they showed up this morning.

What I have found, is that big stores like Peets, Starbucks and others have a distinct burned flavor to them. At first I thought mine was just too weak, but then I realized it is the flavor coming out, not the burn of the beans, if that makes sense. If you can find a used roaster, the beans themselves are about 8 bucks a pound. Like brewing beer, it is fun and you get to actually consume the results. LOL.

Sorry to hijack thread. Rock on!!!!!

Auber EZboil 320A
2.5" x 1/2" NPT temp probe
Chassis receptacle and 8ft connecting cable for temp probe.

20240405_163440.jpg

1712438477555.jpeg1712438556500.jpeg
Minor cosmetic damage, which is not surprising considering the relative flimsiness of the packaging. Hopefully I can buff out the scuffs, because it's really not enough to return it for and the replacement could easily wind up getting dinged up even worse. The tower hasn't arrived yet so I can put it together anyway. On the plus side, it holds three kegs easily. Even my converted pinlocks.

Back