If you could brew any beer right now what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bijljd

I checked out your web site, great site. I like the discriptionn of how you grow your own yeast. very interesting.

This is my first thread and I thought it might be fun to see, if you could brew any beer you wanted to right now what would it be?
So here goes. If you went to your supplies and found that you had the full stock of Moor Beers grain,extract,hops,yest,and equipment in your supply room what would you do with it. Let us know what beer type recipe equipment and tecnique you would use to creat your dream brew.
i'd brew a Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout clone. first i'd need a recipe, tho, since haven't seen any one that looks convincing.

i would brew something made out of this lazy ass, pajama wrapped, apple ad chick that doesnt like to clean and can't look out the window to see if it's raining. all to the tune of shake rattle and roll...

Have you posted that kolsch receipt.

I assume that was directed at me. No but here it is,very simple.....

8.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 88.89 %
1.00 lb White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 11.11 %
0.50 oz Magnum [12.90 %] (60 min) Hops 21.0 IBU
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 20.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Kolsch Yeast (Wyeast Labs #2565) [Starter 1000 ml] Yeast-Ale

OG=1.050
FG=1.007

60 Minute mash at 149
90 Minute boil
Ferment at 60-62 for the first 3-4 days, then let it warm up to 70ish. I kept it in primary for 4 weeks. The 4th week it sat at 40*, then I kegged it and let it lager a bit before I started drinking it.:mug:

Abita Jockamo IPA

After having a new Rogue beer on Saturday, I have to change my answer....

If I could brew any beer right now....

And I will brew this beer as soon as I find out the recipe....

It would be....

Rogue's Brutal IPA

By far the best beer that I have ever experienced. Nothing else I've had compaeres to just how CLEAN the bitters were. A very surreal brew, IMHO.

Good Life brewing company's descender IPA. Seriously clean hop flavor and aroma. Doesn't require a glass of water to rinse the bitterness away. The most balance and refreshing IPA I've had. New brewery out of Bend, OR

I'm gonna say ANYTHING! I have two recipes sitting on my work bench waiting to be brewed... but I'm in the middle of finals week for grad school. No time to play until later in May.

All study/work and no brew makes Dave a dull boy.

I would brew 10gal of a pale ale. I have IPA's, hefe's and an imperial stout in bottles right now, but a pale would be nice at this moment. Something simple, and not trying to be like an IPA.

A Brussels Calling clone by Braaserie de la Senne. Got to try this at Avenue Pub in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and it's an excellent and refreshing Belgian pale ale with hop character. I need a recipe!

Also, if anyone has a good honey blonde recipe, then that will be my next brew.

If I had the equipment and skills.........

Gulden-Draak.jpg

A Czech Pils.

Right now I am 3 months in on a Raspberry Framboise. Sittin on those berries doing its funkification. Its for a mid summer wedding. This is my first wild beer.

Gonna do a Surly Ferocious IPA this weekend, so I would do that, another Hefeweizen, and another amber ale.

I would brew brew a Flemish brown ale with some cherries and maybe some other berries in it. I would rack it in a French oak barrel as well. I think sour ales are awesome, such complexity makes them amazing.

My dry irish stout if ups ever delivers the package! But if I could do anything would deff be Oktoberfest if I had equipment to do lagers

In two weeks I plan to brew an IPA I want to make it really somthing great anyone have any sugestions.

Back