Indiana Jones 5?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
More than just a bad rumour. Apparently Harrison Ford is claiming that the script for number 5 is in the works.

On the one hand, I kind of wish they would leave my childhood memories alone.

On the other hand, I kind of wish I could cleanse my palate of the aftertaste of number 4.

All props to the guys who made and starred in all the movies, but the last one was not a good thing IMO.

I didn't think 4 was all that bad - I enjoyed somewhat just because it was Indiana Jones... But seeing as how I am older now, I do not have the fascination with it like I used to, so I think that is what dampened the coolness factor for me. Plus there was too much obvious CGI animation

I didn't think 4 was all that bad - I enjoyed somewhat just because it was Indiana Jones... But seeing as how I am older now, I do not have the fascination with it like I used to, so I think that is what dampened the coolness factor for me. Plus there was too much obvious CGI animation

Besides the aliens at the end (sorry if I spoiled the movie for anyone with that revelation...) That was another thing I didn't like. They talked about the minimalist approach to CGI all through the making, yet when the movie came out, there it was. And it wasn't nearly as good as I expected from one of the best special effects companies in the world.

how true, ark of the covenant was amazing as was last crusade, and to a lesser extent temple of doom. I'm minoring in archaeology and was indiana jones for halloween last year lol, the crystal skulls sucked outright, it was just too over the top with the aliens.

A friend and I once sat down and penciled out a treatment for an Indiana Jones Script. It was funny, had action and a leggy brunette villain.
But that is not what gets produced anymore.

If an ID5 is produced, it will likely be the last with Harrison Ford.

I'm just praying to God that Shia what's his face is not going to pick up the Indy torch! I can't stand him.

When 4 came out, George Lucas initially said that future movies would center around Mutt Williams (Shia's character) and likely not include Indiana Jones, or would do so minimally.

Personally, when I first heard them talking about #4, I - and a large part of the online fan base - where hoping they'd use the fact that Indy and Henry (Sean Connery's character) had drank from the grail and have the movie take place in modern times (with their relative youth explained by the grail... they aged some, but not nearly as much as they should have in 60 years of time that would have passed since the pre-WWII events of the original trilogy). Then again, a good part of the appeal of the movies was the time period it took place in, with the pre-WWII world much more interesting than the 1950s world in Indy 4. I still liked #4, though it was below my expectations.

Anyway, I welcome a #5 and will go see it, and likely end up enjoying it.

Back