Looking to get started in home brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
Me and some friends are looking to get started with home brewing. I was wondering if the following starter kit is a good price?
We are one of the most complete, and professional, supply and service centers in the entire country. With 26 years in the home beermaking business, HBWC is your one-stop for everything for the discerning beermaker.
The shop is about 20 minutes (depending on traffic) from me so shipping is not an issue.
Thanks for this awesome forum, and I cant wait to brew my first beer.

Some problems I see with this kit.

PRIMARY FERMENTER BUCKET WITH LID What size?
SECONDARY FERMENTER GLASS CARBOY What size?
SIPHONING SET-UP manual or auto siphon? Auto is better.
There are just a lot of unanswered questions on that list.

Some problems I see with this kit.

PRIMARY FERMENTER BUCKET WITH LID What size?
SECONDARY FERMENTER GLASS CARBOY What size?
SIPHONING SET-UP manual or auto siphon? Auto is better.
There are just a lot of unanswered questions on that list.
ok, I will shoot them an email with those questions. Thanks
Anyone else have an opinion?

Welcome :)
I got my "intermediate" setup from Midwest.
IIRC, the one I ordered came with a 6.5 plastic primary, a 5 gal glass carboy, capper, caps, racking cane, tubing, bottle filler, bottle and carboy brushes, small package of "one step" cleanser, 3 piece airlock, and a "how to" book, and was ~$100 + shipping.

Welcome :)
I got my "intermediate" setup from Midwest.
IIRC, the one I ordered came with a 6.5 plastic primary, a 5 gal glass carboy, capper, caps, racking cane, tubing, bottle filler, bottle and carboy brushes, small package of "one step" cleanser, 3 piece airlock, and a "how to" book, and was ~$100 + shipping.

so that kit looks like a better value?

Welcome. This is a great place for info about all things homebrew.

Go for the one that is 20 minutes from your house. Glass carboys are easily broken in transit. And it is a good thing to support the local home brew shop.

Back