nottingham

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
use us-05! You'll never know the difference.

Seconded. They both seem to attenuate a crazy amount. They both ferment out clean, with very little fruitiness. The only difference I've found personally is that the trub from Nottingham is a bit thicker and more doesn't stir up as easy as with the US-05.

I talked to the owner of my LHBS and he said that he expected to get Nottingham back in stock in early October. And william's brewing said they'll have Nottingham in stock on 10/2. So it looks like Nottingham will be back in circulation by the end of next week.

It's never been out of circulation here, LBHS has always had a full box out here. Good to hear it'll be back for the less fortunate though.

I obviously like me some Nottingham, but you can make Ed's recipe with US-05. I honestly think the best parts of Ed's recipe are the simple, yet excellent grain bill and the hopping schedule (not varieties, the timing). Other than that, keep your temps down to keep it clean and you'll be good...

Back