American Pale Ale Crystal Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangeruss

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
US-05
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
6 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7-10 DAYS 68
Tasting Notes
Nice hop profile a flavorful easy drinking beer
MALT BILL
10# 2 -ROW
1# CARA RED
1# CRYSTAL 20

HOP SCHEDULE
2 OZ CRYSTAL 60 MIN
1 OZ CRYSTAL 30 MIN
1 OZ CRYSTAL 1 MIN

MASH 152 FOR 60 MINUTE

You can also do this as a lager with a substitute of Pilsner malt (instead of 2-row) and lager yeast ferment @ 50 degrees for 30 days then kegged or secondary for 4-6 weeks at 38 degrees.

Pours a hazy dark golden with little head. Aroma: Mild, Floral. The taste of hops is spicy and citrus with a strong malt backbone. I have no pictures of this exact beer but I could take a picture of a different beer with the same grain bill but different hops (galaxy).

Forgot about adding this photo. Here it is picture came a little darker than the actual beer.

beer.jpg

I brewed this again but changed the amount of hops & schedule. 2 oz FWH, 30 min & 5 min, 1oz at flameout then dry hopped .5oz for 7 days. The alpha of the hop was only 3.3 so the ibu's didn't go up much at all. Just kegged it and cold crashed it before I carb it up. The hydro sample smelt very floral and tasted lovely.

I made this with same grain bill but subbed for 1oz of Nelson Suavin and used S-23 lager yeast. Next time I'll start switching the 30 minute to 20 minute so I can get more aroma/flavor in this. This will be my single hop recipe instead of doing a smash

edit: I looked at my notes I only had 2 oz of hops and divide it equal to the three hop additions. next time I will use 3oz

This was a clone. I got the actual grain/ hop bill from the brewer. 10 gallon batch. 15# Briess Pilsner, 2# Weyermann CaraRed, 1# briess c20. Mash 152 for 60 boil 60 minutes 1 oz fw, 1 oz 20 min, 1 oz 5 min Wyeast 2112

Back