Best Bucket Setup for Corona Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
Just got my first grain mill yesterday, a true Corona brand mill. Sure, I probably paid a little more for it, but I bought it from a fledgling brew supply store...so, you know beer karma, right? :fro: Anyway, I finally got it dialed in to where I want it. Besides making a DIY grain hopper for it, my main concern is how to set it up so it can be used right over a bucket, instead of mounted to a counter top or table. After searching the internet, the main Corona modifications I've found are related to motorizing the thing, which I'm not worried about right now. Anyone want to share a recommendation on how to make a bucket setup for the mill? Thanks in advance, guys and if this is in the wrong forum, my apologies. I just want to get everything perfect for when my Sabco comes! :mug:

HPIM0572.jpg

link below

I evolved from wilserbrewer's setup. I put the mill inside a bucket just like his, then cut a big hole in the bottom of the bucket. This sits on top of another bucket to catch the grains. Note that the bottom bucket has a couple of dowels to support the upper bucket. I also found that a 5" stove pipe fits well into the OEM hopper.

(Who was it that said, "I can see farther because I stand on the shoulders of giants"? Was he referring to corona mill setup evolution?)

Latest posts

Back