breweries in tx

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUD

Reaction score
well, i'm heading to dallas and austin to visit the fam in july. any suggestions on pubs in the dallas and austin area? i'll be around arlington for a few days then onto austin to see my brother for a few.

Uncle billys brew and que on barton springs is pretty good, Austin,tx

rbone said:
Uncle billys brew and que on barton springs is pretty good, Austin,tx

+1 Uncle Billy's Brew & Que Rocks! :rockin:

$2 pints for AHA members all day, every day!

Come on by Rahr. We have free tastings on Saturdays. If you can't make it in on Sat, then drop by on Monday or Tuesday(sometimes Wednesdays) and I'll be there brewing a batch I'm sure.

What is AHA member, I live in Sa and I go to Austin alot, I would love to get 2$ pints everyday.

soo, rahr and billy's it is. i would think one in each town would be enough. i could see my fam and friends getting a little pissed if we had to hit up 10 different brew pubs and breweries.

PUD said:
soo, rahr and billy's it is. i would think one in each town would be enough. i could see my fam and friends getting a little pissed if we had to hit up 10 different brew pubs and breweries.

Luckily for you (and very VERY unluckily for me), you couldn't find 10 different brew pubs and breweries to visit in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so as far as N. Texas goes, Rahr is the only one (ugly pug is awesome), and there isn't **** in Arlington.

Edit: I would be surprised if there are 10 micro breweries in the entire state of Texas, people here really love their BMC.
Edit Again: I just looked it up, there are 8, almost all in S. Texas
Franconia Brewery
Independence Brewing Co.
Live Oak Brewing Co.
Rahr & Sons Brewing Co.
Real Ale Brewing Co.
Saint Arnold Brewing Co.
Southern Star Brewing Co.
Spoetzl Brewery

no trip to austin is complete without a trip to the draughthouse pub. some of the best brewpub beer in town.

if you want a tour guide while you're here, send me a pm. i'm more than happy to share some homebrew and show you around.

that invite goes out to anyone else who is already in austin too.

slim chillingsworth said:
no trip to austin is complete without a trip to the draughthouse pub. some of the best brewpub beer in town.

if you want a tour guide while you're here, send me a pm. i'm more than happy to share some homebrew and show you around.

that invite goes out to anyone else who is already in austin too.

Sign me up! I've only been there once, and that was long time ago before my homebrewing escapades.

Back