Honeywell controller box placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewn4life

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering were other people placed the ignition box that comes with the gas valves on a Brutus set up?

https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US/pages/product.aspx?cat=HonECC Catalog&pid=Y8610U6006/U

Is it better to install these in the controller box mounted on the side of the stand or would it be better to mount under the stand next to the gas valves?
I'm feeling inclined to say in the box and if the wires aren't long enough cut and splice...

Well I guess this was a bad question to ask since no one decided to answer. :) After looking at the wiring though I have decided running two wires instead of a **** load.

I have mine in my control panel. You will need a longer spark wire for the igniter though.

That's what I was thinking of doing. It makes sense just it would mean 5 times the amount of wires coming out of the C.B. but I suppose wire shrink wrap would work good.
Thanks for the reply de3isit

The gas valve wires and the spark wires is it. The gas valve wires already come bundled together so you only have one bundle to each gas valve and the spark cord for each igniter. I used spiral cord organzer to keep everything orgainzed. You can see it in the pic.

IMAG0252.jpg

Thanks for the pic. When your gas valve opens is it just a wide open on/off or can you program it(BCS or what have you) to adjust your flame?

The gas valves are open or closed only. To have one adjust you would need a modulating valve, which isn't very practical.

Back