How Could This Happen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
Honestly I am not even sure how it started.

Maybe it was watching the last half hour of the Grammys. I saw the Rhianna and Drake duet. But I found it disturbing, I was thinking the whole time "how can she do that?" as she writhed about the stage in a flagrant display of lack of self-respect.

Somehow, though, now I find myself tuning into the pop stations on the radio on the way to and from work. I am developing opinions about the current pop songs and the people that perform them. I hate that stupid song about the guy who would kill himself every which way for some girl (apparently "Grenade" by Bruno Mars and #1 on the charts right now) but I love anything by Ke$ha!

THE PARTY DON'T START TIL I WALK IN

And I like Black and Yellow and anything by Lil Wayne/Young Money.

I'm normally a 60's-70's music person -GD, Floyd, Zeppelin, Sabbath, ELP. Maybe a bit of modern metal or 90's Rap here and there. Some jazz or classical now and then. But pop?!? Not even when I was ten years old did I like that stuff!

I'm starting to think that beer really does kill brain cells. :drunk:

Hell, I'd never even heard of Mumford and Sons but I owned their album before they even finished Maggie's Farm with Dylan.

Best performance of the evening.

Rhianna is very hot, but I can't stand her style of music. And she even has Nuno on guitar!!

But yeah, most of that stuff is awful. Ke$ha is a bit interesting though, for some reason.

I'm mostly into classic rock and metal but SWMBO loves pop. Of course, she always has control of the stereo so I end up getting songs beaten into me until I like them. There are a few Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, and Rhianna I now dig. Quite a few more that I have no clue who performs them too. Thankfully she hasn't gotten into that Beiber chick and has spared one of my monthly decisions on banning it when I'm home.

Back