Cornbread Salad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
One of my fav. BBQ placed in DFW serves this dish and its great. Well last time I was in talked to the manager and he gave me the recipe so figured I would share. Its really good stuff.

Hard 8 BBQ cornbread Salad.

2 pkgs sweet cornbread mix, prepared, and crumbled
1 lg. tomato, seeded and diced
4 - 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 c minced red onion
1/4 c sliced green onion
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
Approximately 2T Miracle Whip (I like a little more, but just do it to taste)

Combine first 6 ingredients. Add mayo sparingly. Cornbread should be crumbly, not stuck together! Add salt a d pepper to taste. Refrigerate before serving.

One of my fav. BBQ placed in DFW serves this dish and its great. Well last time I was in talked to the manager and he gave me the recipe so figured I would share. Its really good stuff.

Hard 8 BBQ cornbread Salad.

2 pkgs sweet cornbread mix, prepared, and crumbled
1 lg. tomato, seeded and diced
4 - 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 c minced red onion
1/4 c sliced green onion
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
Approximately 2T Miracle Whip (I like a little more, but just do it to taste)

Combine first 6 ingredients. Add mayo sparingly. Cornbread should be crumbly, not stuck together! Add salt a d pepper to taste. Refrigerate before serving.

Hard 8 rules. Impossible to not order way too much food, in a good way.

See, :rockin:the problem is when we hear of salad the first thing that comes in our mind is that of vegetables and raw fruits...but no,:tank: We can make salad using anything and everything.. Recently I went for an arab wedding..it was a party of gold and luxury i must say the guest was host with gold flower which weighs 1 sovereign...On thier party there was enormous salad derived from japanese,thai and lavantine dishes..

I loved the Tabooleh dish which was combination of royal burgur blush and other rich homemade ingredients...yummy:eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar: one!

I came here for a pic...come on man!
It sounds scrumptious and not at all salad like.

Back