MD grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I jacked this from the syracuse thread... now you can all download the guide :)

Buy #3 begings page 18

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks to order.
2. People would have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location (Takoma Park).
3. Payment will be done through paypal, and will be required up front, once the order is secured.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$25 2Row + shipping (~$6)
~$38 Marris Otter + shipping (~$6)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Use 2000#+ pricing

UPDATE:

Just to keep people up to speed:

Pricing
For pricing, this is an estimate. Plan for about $4-$6 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

I will keep track and let you know roughly what you are in for $$wise.

Payment

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.

Thanks!

View attachment Bulk Grain Buy Spreadsheet.pdf

God bless america! I've brewed through a sack of pale malt and a sack of marrisotter already. No changes in the pdf, I imagine....

prices? no i doubt they have changed, and if it is, it'll be a cent here and there.

next Sunday im doing a triple, double, then Monday im doing a pils, Oktoberfest.

that should be over a bag of pils right here :D

In any case, can you put me down for 1 bag of CMC pils (that continental pils malt right?). I noticed that their is no indication of getting D2 candi syrup, but I recall that was something you were able to do last year. Is that a possibility this time around?

Gotta get the GF involved in brewing bro, maybe make a brew for her?.?.?.
But sweet, please put me down for 3 bags of D2 candi sugar. When you amke your triple, what type of sugar do you use, regular table sugar, rock candy???

Gotta get the GF involved in brewing bro, maybe make a brew for her?.?.?.
But sweet, please put me down for 3 bags of D2 candi sugar. When you amke your triple, what type of sugar do you use, regular table sugar, rock candy???

i got a 15 pack of each clear and d-2 about a year ago. so i have plenty of clear sugar :)

all beers are for her :p I have a barrel of flanders red for her, and i keep a scottish 60 around for her as well...

did you use all the D2 sugar? I'll get back to you on the clear sugar, I may need some for the triple I plan to make later in the summer

Thanks for setting this up again.

1 x TF MO
1 x GW 2row
1 x Best Malts Pils
1 x Best Pale Wheat

Stephen,

I'm excited for some more grain!

1 - BZ-VIEN
1 - CM-WHET
1 - GW-C60 (50lbs bag)
1 - BZ-CRPL
1 - VD-MOPA

Thanks for setting this up, amigo. i'm excited.

Oldsock - FYI - Country Malt will probably sub a CMC 2-row in lieu of the GW 2 row.

Thanks
pw

Stephen,

I'm excited for some more grain!

1 - BZ-VIEN
1 - CM-WHET
1 - GW-C60 (50lbs bag)
1 - BZ-CRPL
1 - VD-MOPA

Thanks for setting this up, amigo. i'm excited.

Oldsock - FYI - Country Malt will probably sub a CMC 2-row in lieu of the GW 2 row.

Thanks
pw

they did last time... doesnt mean they will do it again :)

1 - TF-MOPA
1 - BZ-VIEN

Thanks for organizing and let me know anything you think I need to know about payment and pickup.

Stefin,
Erase my previous order and replace it with the following stuff ......
1 bag of FB-Pils, 1 clear candi syrup, 2 D2 and 1 Dark candi syrup

Thanks Senor
J

Yea, let me ponder this. Forgot the variety. Whatever 2 Row you gave me last time worked great and I have never brewed with MO. I will get back with you.

btw, stef and i have spoken offline... i'm getting a case of starsan. if anyone wants some, let me know.

In any case, can you put me down for 1 bag of CMC pils (that continental pils malt right?). I noticed that their is no indication of getting D2 candi syrup, but I recall that was something you were able to do last year. Is that a possibility this time around?

CMC is canadian, where i *think* continental refers to european malts.

I would be down for some star-san if it their is a split. Is it the 4 one gallon bottles?

If you're looking to split the full case of star san out by gallon, I'll take one as well...

Back