Blichmann ball valves vs More Beer ball valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take you mean the difference between the standard valve and the 3 piece?

You can take the 3 piece completely apart for cleaning. I use the standard but will probably be convinced to upgrade by the end of this thread.

I've only used the two piece - to clean it I usually let it soak overnight in Oxyclean solution & kind of alternate between having the valve open and closed, to try and get it into all the nooks and crannies. My valves have served me well thus far. :)

My More Beer MLT and BK came with standard ball valves. They seem fine, but I need to add two more to my system. I am trying to decide witch ones to buy. :mug:

two piece ball valves come apart with two wrenches. unless you plan to tear down the bv after every brew it seems unnecessary to buy 3 piece bvs.

still waiting on response from blichmann on the one item i purchased that they make. imo customer service sucks and i would buy from bargainfittings.com who is cheaper and ships fast, also responds to questions.

two piece ball valves come apart with two wrenches. unless you plan to tear down the bv after every brew it seems unnecessary to buy 3 piece bvs.

still waiting on response from blichmann on the one item i purchased that they make. imo customer service sucks and i would buy from bargainfittings.com who is cheaper and ships fast, also responds to questions.

I agree with everything he said. The penmanship is atrocious, but dead on.;)

_

Back