CPVC MLT manifold/home made filtration system, dishwasher safe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipatch

Reaction score
I have a CPVC manifold/filtration system similar to this and was wondering if it was safe to wash/clean this thing in the dish washer using the dish washing detergent I would normally use to wash dishes.

:mug:
-Chris

Yes, it's safe to do so, but IMO not worth that much trouble. Just give it a dunk in some cleaning solution (Oxyclean, etc) and rinse it well and you'll be good to go. It need not be sterilized as this is pre-boil equipment. Not that you shouldn't clean it well, but there's no need to go to extremes. You might also be able to clean it more thoroughly by hand than with the dishwasher as it may not get to the interior pieces all that well. Better to submerge it I think.

Yes, it's safe to do so, but IMO not worth that much trouble. Just give it a dunk in some cleaning solution (Oxyclean, etc) and rinse it well and you'll be good to go. It need not be sterilized as this is pre-boil equipment. Not that you shouldn't clean it well, but there's no need to go to extremes. You might also be able to clean it more thoroughly by hand than with the dishwasher as it may not get to the interior pieces all that well. Better to submerge it I think.

Damn didn't even realize that pre-boil equipment didn't need sterilization.

cheers
-Chris

Back