Holiday Wishes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfan

Nice Beaver....
Reaction score
With all of the insanity going on this time of year on what to say to folks (Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc.) and the ridiculous lawsuits that arise out of same, I just wanted to post my feelings on all of it.

I celebrate Christmas and I wish folks Merry Christmas. I also know many Jewish people and I wish them Happy Chanukkah. It is not a slight to you if I wish you Merry Christmas and you are Jewish. It just means that I don't know that you are Jewish and, upon being corrected, will deliver the appropriate greeting from then on. Why is it that so many people in this country get a bug up their butts and itch for a fight over something that would not be an issue to them at any other time? I for one think we need to remind ourselves of the things we have to be grateful for and learn to appreciate them. My wife and my children are two of the best things that have ever happened in my life. I have a lot of things I could gripe about and make into a big issue, but the big question always looms: "What will it matter in 5 years?" I have a roof over my head, a home brew in my hand and a family that supports me through all of my trials & tribulations. I have a small home business that, while still in the "oh too small and not enough cash flow" stage, is still mine nonetheless. I am home to see my kids grow up and help my wife through her struggles with MS and I wouldn't trade that for anything else in the world. We also have our nations' protectors to think of also. While I certainly have a difference of opinion with our country's political agenda, we have to remember that the men & women, both home and overseas, are doing the jobs they signed up for and we should all pray that no harm comes to them and that those overseas are brought home soon.

Having said all this, I think I'll step down off my soapbox and wish everyone...

HOLLY HIPPO-DAYS

I wish people happy Christmas because it is Christmas and I wish them a happy time. I do not celebrate any religious events.But it is still Christmas and I wish you all "A HAPPY CHRISTMAS"

If you have another agenda for this time of year then I also hope you have a happy time.

Back