About to start my first batch of Muscadine Wine, suggestions please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryands79

Reaction score
I am planning on starting a batch of muscadine wine this weekend, never done it. I am very new to the wonderful world of brewing. What I need to know are guidelines to go by such as OG readings, SG readings, acid readings & when to do them! All I've been doing up until this point is thrown fruit juice & yeast in a bucket and waiting.

Thanks alot guys,
your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi,

I have made a few batches following Jack Keller's recipes. I must say I had difficulty in measuring OG and SG. The wine turned out fine. I back sweeten to taste.

I am starting a batch tomorrow and will try to record the OG and keep a log this batch.

Let us know how your's turns out.

I just got mine going during the weekend. I also used one of Jack Keller's recipes but modified it for a 5 gallon batch. Before I put in the yeast I measured the OG @ 1.14.
I'm not worried about any other readings this go around. I will keep you posted.

Back