Please post info on your Portable CO2 Keg system...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
Wasn't there a way to hook up a CO2 system you buy at lowes?

Also, can anyone recommend a good product for a good price?

I am in the market, and need to get 5 gallons 100 miles. How do those little co2 bottle units work? Are they any good? How many 16oz bottles does it take to dispense a 5 gallon batch?

Sorry about rambling on. lol

I used this from Kegconnection.com for my mobile kegerator project:

Works exactly as you'd expect a regulator to work. Easily dispensed a whole keg and I'm sure it'll do 1-2 more before I have to fill it. 20oz of CO2 cost me $5.

mobile18.jpg

-Joe

dude that is so cool...where did you get the bottle, is the setup easy? do i need any extra parts, or is the keg connection thing good to go?
All you need is the regulator from Kegconnection and a paintball tank. It really is that simple :) You screw the reg onto the top of the tank and turn the black knob when you're ready to dispense. That lets the CO2 flow into the regulator.

-Joe

You can also try the hand charger http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/CO2-Keg-Charger.html mine hasn't come in yet, but it came highly recommended by multiple people. Supposedly 3-4 $2 canisters of 16g C02 will push a carbed 5 gallon corny.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you bought a worthless piece of junk. I bought one of these when I first started kegging. I suppose they can be nice if you're going tailgating, but you'll go through way more cartridges than you think. Put a sign on the trigger saying "don't touch". Because, I can assure you some moron will get excited and want to pull the trigger. I've never been able to get mine fully working the way I'd like. I can never tell what kind of PSI it's pushing out, so I'd rather lug around a 5lb tank.

I'm sure you can tell how much I despise this thing.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you bought a worthless piece of junk. I bought one of these when I first started kegging. I suppose they can be nice if you're going tailgating, but you'll go through way more cartridges than you think. Put a sign on the trigger saying "don't touch". Because, I can assure you some moron will get excited and want to pull the trigger. I've never been able to get mine fully working the way I'd like. I can never tell what kind of PSI it's pushing out, so I'd rather lug around a 5lb tank.

I'm sure you can tell how much I despise this thing.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I have many people telling me how much they love it. Maybe yours is defective? I was told to watch out for drunk people over carbing your beer, but this will be used at a wedding and amongst my friends who are savvy to kegging. I was told as long as you give it very short bursts only when needed, then it works great and I could probably get by with 3 per keg 4 at the most.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I have many people telling me how much they love it. Maybe yours is defective? I was told to watch out for drunk people over carbing your beer, but this will be used at a wedding and amongst my friends who are savvy to kegging. I was told as long as you give it very short bursts only when needed, then it works great and I could probably get by with 3 per keg 4 at the most.

I use mine quite often and it works fine provided you give it those short burst, however, I think using it at a wedding would not be wise, too many people to have to worry about. Its fine at a bbq , but at a wedding, someone will have to constantly be tending to it.

Back