Sierra Nevada clone alteration idea/question.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
We'll i just purchased Austin Homebrew's Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. I just recently had a Hazed & Infuzed at a bar and loved all the big hop flavor in it. So i decided i wanted to use some of the hops from the Hazed & infuzed brew and incorporate it into the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Recipe... The only alteration i have made from AHS' clone is the addition of 1oz Crystal Dry hopped.

Would this be enough of an added addition to give a Sierra Nevada Pale ale kit (assuming it is close to the original ) that extra hoppiness i noticed in the Hazed & Infuzed beer?

I wish i could post the exact clone recipe but AHS does not have it listed :confused:

I purchased the kit some time ago. I ended up getting my beer yeast mixed up with my apfelwein yeast so the end result was not a SNPA clone.

.25 lbs Crystal 60L
8 lbs LME
3oz hops
Coopers Yeast

The Apfelwein was great. The SNPA had a Dunkel taste to it. Not bad, but not what I wanted.

Post back when you brew it up. I'd like to hear how it turned out.

I will let you know i think i am going to brew it up tomorrow !

Latest posts

Back