Austin, Tx next week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bumping this old post b/c I'm going to be there this weekend. My parents now live in Georgetown and my girlfriend and I are visiting them. We plan to visit a brewpub and will only have time for just one. I'm trying to settle on which one.

Right now, our front runner is Live Oak Brewing. Any others that we are missing and should place at the top of the list?

Thanks, Ed. That's what I wanted to know. I had thought Bitter End had closed! Glad to see that's not the case. I have a glass my parents got for me from there, but never been myself.

If you had to chose only one, which would you choose - BE or NXNW?

Rhoobarb said:
Thanks, Ed. That's what I wanted to know. I had thought Bitter End had closed! Glad to see that's not the case. I have a glass my parents got for me from there, but never been myself.

If you had to chose only one, which would you choose - BE or NXNW?

Do you want to eat or drink, or eat and drink?

North by Northwest is much closer to Georgetown and they have free parking. The food is great. I highly recommend the roasted garlic appetizer followed by the Angus Burger (with Maytag Blue Cheese & Chedder Cheese) with garlic fries.

Their seasonal beer is their Kodiak IPA and their regular Pale Ale is very quaffable.

EdWort said:
Do you want to eat or drink, or eat and drink?

I guess it will depend on the time of day and whether we have stuffed ourselves with Mexican food or BBQ yet! Sounds Like NXNW is it, since we can keep our options open and it is closer to G'town.

Thanks!

I recommend North by Northwest. Big fan of their Bavarian Hefeweizen.

Back