Why does it always RAIN!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnj

Reaction score
All I want to do is brew, took the day off and now it's threatening to rain...should I risk it. What if it rains mid boil, my stove can't boil too well :(

'Cause when mommy and daddy care about each other they want to show each other how much, so daddy puts his...oh wrong question....:D

Um, because this summer has really sucked weather wise. I brewed a saison on the only 2 hot days of the season, and it isn't warm enough to actually enjoy the beer on a hot day. It has rained on every event I attended in the last two weeks...

I blame the chinese and their weather control experiments.

Suck man... time to put all your resourcefulness to making the brew day happen!

Can you rig a lean to with a tarp? Cheap tarp from wally world :
\
\
\
\
\
x BREW AWAY!

And that picture above would have looked slightly better if the board had not stripped the spaces......

SIGH!

DadJim Chinese!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol chef. I have a pop up canopy that is pretty big but I'm a little worried about it blowing over and more importantly about it catching fire.

I'm just gonna start out side and if I have to I'll run in and put it on the stove.

just go for it. a little rain won't hurt anything! worst case is some rain picks up some wild yeast in the air and falls into the kettle after the boil. they'll probably be overwhelmed by whatever yeast you pitch.

That was my other idea...

and yes... I am still sitting here. I figure if I am already bagging, I might as well let my wife sleep a while longer, as I have the kiddo and she works nights.

And no... I am not working the line for lunch... I am in the office and unloading trucks, so I am still being (somewhat) responsible. I wouldn't want folks to get the worng idea.

Wah.

I was outside scrubbing my MLT yesterday evening, watching a TORNADO go by.

:rockin:

Heh, it will be sunny and 84*F this afternoon when I mash in.

Don't let rain stop you. Brew through the rain, embrace it. I got WASTED one day brewing and decided to have a night brew session. I put something like 9 gallons of water into the mash. Needless to say I way overshot the temp. After a LOT of vigorous stirring I got the mash temp down. Drained off 7 gallons lol from the mash lol. Decided to do a 1 hour boil to get down to a reasonable amount of wort to begin the regular boil.

Boiled it wide open for an hour and about 1am it started pouring. Did that stop me? Hell no. Kept boiling and brewed like normall. I think the rainwater added a little something special. The brew turned out awesome. Now I never fear the rain, just boil harder :)

There are toadstool kind of mushrooms growing all over my lawn-at the end of July when the grass is usually straw colored and brittle.

We had the coldest June on record. Usually I can lose weight in summer, since when it's hot, I don't have much appetite and drink way more water.

This year, the grass is really green and I still have the gut.:eek:

There are toadstool kind of mushrooms growing all over my lawn-at the end of July when the grass is usually straw colored and brittle.

We had the coldest June on record. Usually I can lose weight in summer, since when it's hot, I don't have much appetite and drink way more water.

This year, the grass is really green and I still have the gut.:eek:

Yep this summer has been nuts. 70-80's during the day and 50-60's at night. I brew in my garage these days so it can rain as hard as it wants.

And it's begun, I'll be tweeting throughout the brew if anyone is really bored. Same name there.

Yeah a nutty Summer indeed. In Metor Denver we had over 8" of rain this past month. That is more than we usually see in 6 months. Yesterdays high was 64. I am not pissed at all. in fact I love it. My place has no AC and I have used my new fermentation chamber only one time for it's real purpose. It is presently holding homebrews. However, a freaking freak hail storm felled a tree in my yard destroyed all the plants and veggies we were growing. take the good with the bad I guess.

Wow, I thought the decoction would take a long time to boil, that thing was going crazy before I knew it! Mashing now at 148 :-/

Rain rain rain! I'm in Maine and all is does is rain!

Seriously though, my grill cover has begun to grow mold! wtf! its 80+ degrees and so humid it feels like you walked right into an irish pub 3 hours after they stopped serving boiled dinner. Cripes!

So I finished about 10 minutes before it started raining...lucky me.
Side note, do I really want access to the subscriber forums or no lol?

Sorry to hear about all the rain back east.

Strangely enough Seattle is having what many are calling the warmest and sunniest summer in 40 years. This of course following on the heels of the winter which had the heaviest snowfall in 40 years.

Anyway to all who are dealing with the rain karma so that Seattle can remain sunny, I just want to say thanx for taking one for the west coast team! :)

Back