Lagunitas IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
I just got back from a trip from San Fran and tried a Lagunitas IPA for the first time. Wow was it good! I loved everything about this beer, but I wanted to hear opinions about whether it is true to the IPA style. It seems to me that it would be an Imperial IPA. I have not looked up the IBU's, but man...it lit my mouth up with hops like no IPA ever has. Opinions?

No, it's "just" an IPA. IPA Maximus is their IIPA at 7.9%

I also like their Censored Ale. The original label wasn't acceptable to the OCB, so they called it Censored.

I agree, I love this beer! It's simply a 5.7% IPA, but a damn good one. Other than that, I can just give you this: a snippet about the IPA from their website.

Unlimited Release

This is our unique version of an ancient style. A style as old as the ocean trade routes of the last centuries Great Ships. Not as old as the equator they had to cross twice enroute, nor as old as the 10,000 or so miles of Di-Hydrogen Oxide and Sodium upon which they sailed, but older than the Circulithium-4 Lentloid that binds the Lupulin Quartnate onto your taste buds. Weird. Think about it. Now stop. OK, go again, now stop. Think again, and stop. But we digress. Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts, this redolent ale will likely float your boat, whatever planet you're on.

India Pale Ale

Thanks for choosing to spend the next few minutes with this special homicidally hoppy ale. Savor the moment as the raging hop character engages the imperial qualities of the Malt foundation in mortal combat on the battlefield of your palate!

I read that on their site and thought it was great. Damn, it's a great beer. I don't think I am ready for their IIPA though!

Same here... went out there... ended up getting a 6r out of lack of anything else more appealing. I did happen to find some midas touch and oaked arrogant bastard at the ferry building tho! ;)

Back